Nissan Titan Forum banner

Anyone tried 5000# super spring helper springs

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Canadian Miner 
#1 ·
I'm hauling a golf cart in the back of the truck and pulling a 6000# travel trailer. I pull it to panama city beach each year, the golf cart in the bed makes the truck squat more than i like. Wondering if these spring helpers would help me out on the squating issue? If anyone has any knowledge of these, any info would be greatly appreciated! The titan pulls this rig awesome, if the back end would not squat so bad it would be perfect. It pulls both all the way to pcb every year at 70+ mph! Thanks

#2 ·
I have not used helper springs or air bags. I do think air bags are the way to go.

Are you using load leveling bar on your trailer and hitch ? If so can the leveling bars be adjusted for extra load.

#3 ·
I first replaced the shocks.....after hauling around a ton of landscaping rock in the back, several times. Then I put the helper springs on....I thought it helped immensley, until I dropped my 8k TT on the tongue. It held great, until when pulling I would hit dips at highway speeds.....the springs would compress and actually put more stress on the drive shaft bearings. So then....I put the Firestone air bags on-WOW!!!
The bags absolutely rock! I can pull and load up the bed to the max and that truck will not squat at all! Definitely best investment-period! Left the springs on......O ....WTF. Bag it! You'll love it.

#4 ·
Timbren's were an inexpensive, easily installed and effective solution.

Reactions: Swampy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.