Nissan Titan Forum banner

Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner

17K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  soundman12 
#1 ·
Need help please. I got my Tuner in the mail last week. Had some problems trying to get the unit to download to the ECU. Thought I might have a corrupted file. Followed instructions on how to format SD card. Once completed I attempted to get the GTidf.bin file from the website listed in the book. Website is not valid. Now my unit cannot be recognized by the updater software. Bully Dog has no GT files listed on thier site and they are closed til Tuesday. I think I am going nuts knowing the unit is sitting in front of me as I type and I cannot use it.
Anyone out there have the unit and could send me the GTidf.bin file off their SD card via email?
Thanks

#2 ·
Your first post and your asking for someone to send you copyrighted material, something does not sound right to me! I would like to see a pic of your truck, a pic of your unit, and to be honest would kinda like to know why you never posted here before asking for someone to do something like this at our site!

#3 ·
Here is the pics you requested. Apparently the GTidf.bin file is used so the unit can be recognized by the updater software. I just joined to see if I can get some assistance on this issue. The unit actually gave me an error 440 code when trying to download to the ECU. Bully Dog has been closed since Thursday. I have no intention of any misuse of the file. I am just trying to get my unit updated and running.

Attachments

#4 ·
OK, hope you understand my caution here, we have had others seeking like info before for pirate type operations. I don't have Bully Dog myself so I can not help you.

Hope to se more of you on the site!

#5 ·
I totally understand. I am just frustrated that the manufacturer would advise on performing an action (formatting SD card) and providing an invalid site address to get a file so the unit can be recognized. I understand document material info expires over time due to technology but at least provide alternative info on their website to assist customers. Especially when shutting down operations for the holidays. All other unit files are available on their website. Lack of support in my opinion. I am just venting, sorry.
Thanks for responding though.

#6 ·
I think what you are looking for has been done before. Someone here with a BDGT might be able to transfer the file. Bully Dog usually has good customer support, but it is the holidays. I would be climbing up a tree if I had a programmer and couldn't use it.

#7 ·
Yes, I am going nuts. All I need is the GTidf.bin file or a valid site address to get the file. The book states the files is what allows the Update Agent to identify the SD card as a GT SD card. Agent no longer sees the device since there is no file.
Have you seen another post on this issue?

#8 ·
Yes, I have somewhere...lol. Do an advanced title search using the words BDGT problem or Bully Dog GT problem and see what surfaces. You might need to look at Titantalk.com also.

#9 ·
I have the BDPP so I can't really help but just to ask a stupid question....did you update the unit when you got it? BD says the PP has to be updated before use so I figure they all do. Good luck. Worse case is....you have to wait til Tuesday. It'll be worth the wait!

#10 ·
When I got the unit I ran the update. I then connected it to my Titan and tried to download the performance option. The unit ran through the process for about 5 minutes then kicked back an error code 440 New Part Number and to contact BD. I tried updating again it one more time with the same error. I formatted the SD card thinking maybe the card had a corrupted file. Followed instructions to perform format but the site they advise to get the file is no longer valid.
The message on their recording is that they will be out of the office from the 24th til the 29th for the holidays. I am thinking I might want to go work for them since they have a nice holiday vacation. Must be nice.

#12 ·
The unit won't let me do any performance mods. It can monitor but there are no options as to performance in the menus. Just imagine the unit sitting underneath your computer monitor. Every time I sit down to the computer it stares me in the face. Pretty soon it will start talking and making fun of me :)

#13 ·
Just some info,
Got in touch with BD on Tuesday. They had to take control of my PC and reload the files to the Tuner. Found out the error code was because my ECU number is not in their system. Info sent to Engineer and will be about a 1 1/2 weeks to get updated file.

#14 ·
Wow, well glad you got things on the road to getting it straight!

#15 ·
i put the gt tuner in my truck and had issues to the best thing you can do is if you have internet to go to the bully dog site click on the chat with tech they can actally remote to your computer with your programmer plugged into the computer and redo the software like that. thats what i let them do to mine and had no problems after that at all

#16 ·
Finally got my unit running. Tech support was great. Took control of my pc as JBROWN99 stated and they loaded new files. They had me run the unit on my vehicle and the code came back as 440 new part number. This basically means the ECU number in not in their records. The GT stored the ECU info and tech support grabbed it from the unit when connected to my pc. Tech advised they would have to send the info to their engineers and it would take 1 1/2 weeks. Got an email back the next day advising file was updated and attached. Uploaded new files and my vehicle took the download with no issues.
I set the vehicle for Regular Tune, Performance Throttle Response, and WOT On. Yes I said On. Had to look around and found other threads advising this means disabled and yes its confusing. Off means factory setting is enabled so again you will need to set the WOT to On.
I will need to go back and find out what mod makes the biggest difference. At this point my lead foot loves the Performance Accelerator setting. Very snappy and I can only imagine what Extreme does. So at this point I will not be able to comment until I get bored one day.
If anything, the $350 I spent is worth the money for the WOT and Accelerator mods.

Thanks BiXLL for keeping an eye out for us!
Happy New Year!

#17 ·
Glad everything worked out for you! I have been trying to decide on a programmer. does the GT allow you to change between the levels on the fly? is there such a unit? My buddy just got an edge evolution for his diesel dually and he was to stop, turn off the truck and make his changes. Is this how they all work?

#19 ·
With UpRev you can switch between 5 different tunes - on the fly. Nothing has to be connected to the vehicle.

#18 ·
Where did you find your BD GT? We have this performance/car audio shop that wants 450 for the GT. I told them let me get back with you on that. But my debate is, in the long run I plan on getting headers and high flows. I do want something but let me wait awhile. Glad to see you got it working.

#20 ·
no there is not a change on the fly programmer for the titans that i have found. but it is only a few seconds to change out on the bully dog gt. i normally change my setting for between what ever fuel im pumping while its pumping in the truck and have had no problems.

#22 ·
#23 ·
Ok, gotta ask the question. Which should I get to tune my truck? The Osiris by Uprev or the Bully Dog GT? Looking into getting this mod done, but wanna know which one will give me the best bang for my buck. Please advise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.