Nissan Titan Forum banner

Tried Spark Plug Replace

14K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Silver lining 
#1 ·
I was all ready to replace plugs this morning. I have 128k on Titan. It still runs great but figure it's time to get new ones in there. I get my spark plug socket on the plug but it seems I have to put more torque on it than I should and I don't want to break it or strip it. Dealer wants over $300 to do the job(yikes) but I'm afaid i'll f_ it up if I try to hard. What are your experiences with hard to get out plugs? I don't want this to turn into a $900 repair bill because I broke something.

#3 ·
^^^X2. I usually plan to do it after the trip to the parts store. You got the parts and motor is good and hot.

#4 ·
I was told to change the spark plugs only when the aluminum block is cold.

However, the service manual does not provide any guidance as to if the block should be cold or hot.

#5 ·
Mist a little WD-40 down on the plugs.....wait a few minutes. I've pulled them hot and cold.....obviously you'll need gloves pulling them when hot. I did'nt really have a preference, just be careful and use a slow torque motion with the wrench and don't over tighten when they go back in....

#6 ·
#9 ·
I don't know why they don't use antisieze from the factory

#11 ·
It's pass time for me to Change my spark plugs I've order platinum Denso TJ plugs I don't know if they are pre gap or no. What do I gap them on? I read the truck manual it said to use platinum plugs. Mileage at 11000. I'm trying to do this myself. I've only tune up a Ford Mustang 89. I have a 2004 Titan I need it done now. Can't afford to pay someone to do it for my.. Sooo please give me all the tips I would need to change my spark plugs on my sliverlining Titan truck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.