Nissan Titan Forum banner

VDC Off, SLIP, & BRAKE lights on.....

39K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Forestteck 
#1 ·
2004 Titan - VDC off, Slip, and Break light all come on at various times while the engine is running. Sometime while parked right after starting, sometimes while driving straight down the road at highway speeds. Lights never come on while VDC is manually turned off, which leads me to believe it's in the VDC system. No issues with ABS or ECM, so I'm guessing the wheel sensors are OK. That leaves the G sensor and the steering position sensor, correct? I've been searching the boards for days, I've heard everything from low brake fluid to old brake pads to mismatched tires. I have Toyos on the front, Wranglers on the back (all the same size). Brake fluid id fine, and brakes were replaced trying to figure out what this issue is. Any clues? I've been searching for two weeks!

#3 ·
Probably a bad wheel sensor.

#5 ·
I agree.....

#7 ·
Well, I ended up replacing the left front hub. It came with a new sensor. I had noticed a slight dead spot when spinning the hub by hand, I figured I'd try it.

Took the truck out for a 250 mile trip. The lights didn't come on until 100 miles in. I killed the engine and reset them. They came on one more time during the trip. Considering they were coming on every 10 seconds, it it's improved. Do you think there could be more then one bad wheel sensor?

#8 ·
are you lifted? Is it possible that one of the sensor wires is damged only making partial connection?

#11 ·
I just had this too, it was low brake fluid. it causes the brake and slip light to come on put fluid in no more lights

#13 ·
2004 Titan - VDC off, Slip, and Break cheap led flashlights all come on at various times while the engine is running. Sometime while parked right after starting, sometimes while driving straight down the road at highway speeds. Lights never come on while VDC is manually turned off, which leads me to believe it's in the VDC system. No issues with ABS or ECM, so I'm guessing the wheel sensors are OK. That leaves the G sensor and the steering position sensor, correct? I've been searching the boards for days, I've heard everything from low brake fluid to old brake pads to mismatched tires. I have Toyos on the front, Wranglers on the back (all the same size). Brake fluid id fine, and brakes were replaced trying to figure out what this issue is. Any clues? I've been searching for two weeks!
Hello Schristy I am facing same problem with brake light and slip while engine is running. I have tried to search lot in other forums and now found this old thread. Can you help me out in solving these problesm?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.