Nissan Titan Forum banner

Column mounted manual shift button

27K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  supahamster 
#1 ·
After 195,000 miles something has happend to my truck that I hadn't seen on here or heard about. The button on my shift lever that turns the manual shift on and off stop working yesterday. I know it was working Saturday and Sunday. I tried it again this morning and it still isn't working. Does anyone have any thoughts on what it could be or things I can check. Boat season is coming up soon. I have not looked at the fuses but all other electrical items seem to be working and the transmission in drive is working fine. Thanks for any suggestions.

#4 ·
Yeah without even looking at that link BB posted, I bet its about the wiring. Those wires get rubbed and brake or touch which will cause it not to work

#5 ·
I had the same issue at 33,000 miles so after I repaired it and it was kind of a pain. As I was putting the column together I thought "how could I make this last longer" so I applied glue from a glue gun at the corner, now I don't know if that is a fix but seems to be holding up for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.