Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Stuff From PRG

12K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  goodkill 
#1 ·
Here's a sampling of a few of the products we have available now, but that aren't on our website. Please call for more info on these items.
First is our new upper a-arm. These are chromoly and use FK and Auroa heims and uniballs. The inner spacers are stainless. We will preassembly and adjust them so you can just bolt them in when they arrive. No grinding or fit issues at all. They are designed to be able to compensate for any permanent frame deflection from hard driving with the inner heim adjustment also. They are powedercoated gloss black and will sell for $599 shipped.

Next we have the new Bilstein Titan replacement shocks. We will be selling the shocks for $89ea free shipping. But you can find better pricing from internet based companies. What we do offer is to assembly them for you for a fee and charge a core fee on your old struts (for the springs). This will allow you to replace your factory strut assembly in about 15 minutes vs breaking down the strut with a spring compressor and reassembling them. Price for the assembled Bilsteins is $119 (free shipping) and a $25 core charge to be returned to you upon us receiving your old shocks. we have these assembled and ready to ship.

Finally we have a new Sway-a-way coilover for the bracket-lifted trucks (CST, Fabtech, Procomp, Rancho). These will replace the coilovers on your stage 2 kit or the stock strut and the big coilspacer on lifted trucks. These run our own valving and are offered in a 2 or 4wd spring configuration. We will also offer a red or black Eibach spring. Pricing on these is $999 pr, free shipping.

I will have pics of these products on trucks in the next day or so.

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
54warrior said:
I think an upper/lower a-arm package (similar to what is available for quad's) would be a great idea. Priced in the <$1500 range. With all rebuildable hardware-heims and uni-balls. What does anyone else think?
I would be sooooo down for that!

#28 ·
54warrior said:
I think an upper/lower a-arm package (similar to what is available for quad's) would be a great idea. Priced in the <$1500 range. With all rebuildable hardware-heims and uni-balls. What does anyone else think?
i think it should be closer to $1000.

#29 · (Edited)
ill try to answer all these questions in one reply, here goes:

Do you have these spacers available for our stock upper and lower arms?
Im not sure about the upper arms as the aftermarket uca's offer a urethane bushing. As for the lowers, I will be machining the delrin spacers. As for a complete bushing set, I will look into it, although it may be a real pain to remove the stock vulcanized bushings.

Hey Greg. Have you actually gotten a chance to ride on the new Bilsteins? If so what do you think of them. How much better than stock are they and how much worse than a good set of coilovers are they?
I have only riden in a 2wd and the ride was slightly firm but very good. A 4wd should be very smooth due to the extra weight. As far as comparing them to a set of coilovers, here goes; coilovers offer more wheel travel as they are designed to be as long as possible without the upper arm hitting the coilbucket. Coilovers offer adjustable ride height. Coilovers use specific springs that are better suited to our trucks (less brake dive, flatter cornering, better load carrying). the 2.5" coilovers offer much more potential damping (almost twice) of a 2" or 50mm shock. All the coilovers currently on the market have a built-in drop stop to prevent loud "topping-out". The bilsteins are simply a great upgrade to the stock suspension.

I added a winch mount and winch to the front of my Titan. Together they weigh about 225 lbs. Should I be changing anything on the front suspension to counter that?
I would suggest an upgrade to an aftermarket coilover to carry the load better using a heavier front spring.

Another ditto on these shocks and would we have to pay the shipping for our old struts to you?
Yes, although the box and packing can be reused to ship them back. These weigh about 35lbs/pr.

I'm curious how those Bilsteins would perform compared to the Radflos..and also compared to the DRs and SAWs
So far the ride on these bilsteins is great, but the coilovers offer so many other options that a true a:b comparison is hard to do. All the aftermarket shocks ride/work great and are built to higher standards than the Bilsteins. As for big hits, the SAW and DRE are going to be much better just due to a much larger piston.

#30 ·
The master has spoken..lol.... Thanks Greg!

#32 ·
54warrior said:
I think you need to put down the crackpipe, no chance you will ever see a heimed and uniball upper and lower set for that price.

#36 ·
I thought $1500 was a fair price. Greg's uppers are $600. What would send the cost of the lowers into the $1000+ range? Sure there is more material, heavier tubing, etc. I don't know anything about the cost to design/fabricate this stuff, just tossed that # out there as to what I felt would be a reasonable price. I guess my estimate was waaay of base??

#37 ·
HRTKD said: I added a winch mount and winch to the front of my Titan. Together they weigh about 225 lbs. Should I be changing anything on the front suspension to counter that?

Greg said: I would suggest an upgrade to an aftermarket coilover to carry the load better using a heavier front spring.
I don't know squat about suspension components. Looking at the PRG web site it _looks_ to me like the best option for my Titan (given the extra front end weight) is the Donahoe Coilovers. It will improve the ride, handle the extra weight and as a bonus level out the front end. Right?

#38 ·
Maybe I was smokin' something the day I read this, but I thought the new Bilstein front replacements were offering 2" more height compared to stockers? Debating on doing the PRG mini lift if a new set of front shocks would do it for me. Greg, anyone?

#39 ·
HRTKD said:
I don't know squat about suspension components. Looking at the PRG web site it _looks_ to me like the best option for my Titan (given the extra front end weight) is the Donahoe Coilovers. It will improve the ride, handle the extra weight and as a bonus level out the front end. Right?
I have the Donahoe's and they work great . Even w/ the winch and mount , they are firm but not stiff . Hard hits are absorbed pretty good too

#40 ·
54warrior said:
I thought $1500 was a fair price. Greg's uppers are $600. What would send the cost of the lowers into the $1000+ range? Sure there is more material, heavier tubing, etc. I don't know anything about the cost to design/fabricate this stuff, just tossed that # out there as to what I felt would be a reasonable price. I guess my estimate was waaay of base??
Well the Heims and uniballs along are very expensive along with the bungs. Plus by going to a uniball lower you now need new custom spindles.

#41 ·
kartmanaz said:
Well the Heims and uniballs along are very expensive along with the bungs. Plus by going to a uniball lower you now need new custom spindles.
Ahhhh, that was on my mind...

#42 ·
kartmanaz said:

All things that I was unaware of. Thanks for clearing things up Kartman.

#44 ·
The new mid-travel arms will use delrin inner pivots but the stock outer ball joint on the lower and a 1" uniball on the upper. These are chromoly and tig welded and they will sell for $2500 a set. Im sure you could build a set of tubular arms for much less, but no matter, hard parts alone will set you back atleast a grand for uniballs, heims, bungs misalignemnt spacers, etc. I will look into machining a delrin bushing set (and steering rack bushings) as these may be a great upgrade.

#45 ·
PrerunnerGreg said:
The new mid-travel arms will use delrin inner pivots but the stock outer ball joint on the lower and a 1" uniball on the upper. These are chromoly and tig welded and they will sell for $2500 a set. Im sure you could build a set of tubular arms for much less, but no matter, hard parts alone will set you back atleast a grand for uniballs, heims, bungs misalignemnt spacers, etc. I will look into machining a delrin bushing set (and steering rack bushings) as these may be a great upgrade.
Is that for uppers & lowers?? Will they work with the procomp stage 1 spindle?

#47 ·
I haven't seen Greg on the forum for a few years. You'll have to contact him directly. Good luck with that.

#48 ·
are you gonna do the 5100s like the above pics? how much for that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.