Nissan Titan Forum banner

how to change map lights?

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  clwfirefghtnstud 
#1 ·
Help please, I bought some of the led lights on ebay, how do I change the two map lights in the front? 2004 CC does that little key hole have anything to do with it, or do I need to pull the entire console down?
Thanks
I searched for this but couldn't find the answer.

#2 ·
#3 ·
You can just tug the paddle switches out of there. The hinge pins (connected to the paddles) just snap into the guides in the console. Get a panel tool or small flat screwdriver and pry on the hinged end of the switch. It should just pop right out. Hope this helps!

#4 ·
Hey thanks! I just came in after replacing the two bulbs in the front, cool looking looks like flourecent lights. It was a little scary prying out the light like that thought something was going to break, but alls well, so... The rear map lights pop out too? Or should I drop the over head console.
I read your post last week, thats the main reason I wanted to try the LCDs!
Thanks

#5 ·
rmasu said:
Hey thanks! I just came in after replacing the two bulbs in the front, cool looking looks like flourecent lights. It was a little scary prying out the light like that thought something was going to break, but alls well, so... The rear map lights pop out too? Or should I drop the over head console.
I read your post last week, thats the main reason I wanted to try the LCDs!
Thanks
Rear comes out even easier.

#6 ·
funny story about those two lil covers. i acidently broke that little retainer tab on the covers, and went in to get the part replaced under warrenty. they had to replace the entire over head console for that one little part. they told me that part is not sold seperately. iw as shocked. o well glad i didnt pay for it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.