Nissan Titan Forum banner

Where to find navigation

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kingpin 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 titan and would like to add the in dash navigoation/stereo/DVD player. I would prefer it to be factory...I figure it would be easier. where can I find the factory in dash stereo? Or is it better to get an aftermarket in dash? I've also seen people with navigation installed above the stereo next to the center speaker??? First time posting so take it easy on me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
Getting a factory system will probably be harder to install and infinitely more expensive. I went with an aftermarket system that does just about everything you can think of. There are lots of pieces to the factory systems you would never think you'd need but you will. Find yourself a reputable car stereo shop (NOT Car Toys for example) and ask a million questions. You should be able to get a good NAVI unit with all the features you could want installed for about $1,500. Make sure the put the mike for the Bluetooth phone near the rear view mirror. The shop that did mine originally put it in the top of the a-pillar and it had really bad road noise and I couldn't even think of rolling the window down!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. .I don't mind going with aftermarket. I just don't know what size screen to look for...i want everything to fit perfect. So you replaced your factory stereo or did you install it above the stereo where the center speaker is?

#4 ·
About eighteen months ago I had a Kenwood Excelon DNX9980HD Navigation Receiver installed in my 2004 Titan. Kenwood has since introduced a newer model, the Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD. the 2012 model. My system can be seen here: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...-leather-seat-covers-navigation-receiver.html

Kenwood uses Garmin navigation in their receivers and this allows the owner, if one is so inclined, to easily perform downloaded hacked quarterly map updates. Currently I am running 2013.30 Garmin map updates. The legitimate Garmin map updates purchased from Kenwood are always about a year behind.

You will probably need to find a suitable aftermarket double din dash or faceplate kit to fit your 2010 Titan from either Scosche or Metra if you want a system with a 7" touchscreen.

#5 ·
I replaced it. The factory radio is on a shelf in the garage just in case I want to pull the NAVI unit when it's time to sell. Not likely since I plan to drive this Titan for several more years. I have an '07 which may be slightly different from your's but as far as I know they are all pretty close. I've tried to attach a photo but I'm on my phone so if it works, here is what mine looks like. Vehicle Car Multimedia Compact car Family car

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.