Nissan Titan Forum banner

Report Radiator Failures Here

25K views 131 replies 72 participants last post by  fornboglod 
#1 ·
Okay after searching forums i have found this to a very common failure....further more here are your options if your out of warranty....

Stillen...359.77 + Shipping (Best)
Ebay.....Koyo 223.95 free shipping
Nissan....465.32 + Shipping
Advance Auto Parts +287.99

Please list how many miles your radiator lasted....and what you did to replace it.....Thanks in advance....

Here's a Tally

0 to 25000 miles 0
25001 to 50000 1
50001 to 75000 1
75001 to 100000 1
100000 and over 0

#2 ·
80,000 Miles for me....haven't decide....

#4 ·
40,000 miles and it cracked the bottom tank. Dealer replaced it under extended warranty. Still cost me a $50 deductible. If not for warranty I think I would have gone with the stillen.
James

#5 ·
Replaced mine @ around 53k. STILLEN was on backorder so I bought a crap-o replacement from AutoZone.

#6 ·
73K still on OEM rad with no leaks.....replaced the rad cap once.........when it goes I'll prob. go with the Stillen...... ALUMINIUM .....unless kev. sends me his.

#7 ·
55k miles, kinda my fault tho, cracked bottom of radiator out 4x4'ing

#9 ·
3 radiator failures???? that's it??? I thought it was a bigger problem than that...

#14 ·
When mine was in the shop for the radiator there were at least 10 other members that said theirs was in the shop for the same thing. They probably haven't found this thread yet.
James

#12 ·
Here's a Tally

0 to 25000 miles 0
25001 to 50000 1
50001 to 75000 1
75001 to 100000 2
100000 and over 0

Mine cracked on the bottom tank, 80,000+ miles, replaced with a Koyo radiator. The Nissan dealership's around here Do Not replace rads with Nissan parts because of this problem.

Ebay.....Koyo 223.95 free shipping
Search a little more, i have found them for $185.

#13 ·
I replaced mine at about 80000. The bottom tank cracked. I had mine replaced under extended warranty so cost me my hundred dollar deductible.

#15 ·
30257 miles just bought the Stillen radiator. $387 out the door...Tried to epoxy crack 2 days ago and sure enough was still leaking when i test drove it to work! Leak isnt as bad but still leaking, replacing radiator tonight!

#16 ·
today i noticed some green fluid on the fan shroud, the black plastic area right in front of the metal radiator cap. Is that a radiator leak?

#17 ·
Sounds like your radiator cap is leaking. The coolant is on top of the fan shroud, Correct? Most of the cracked rads were on the bottom tank, you have to remove the skid plate to see the leak.

#18 ·
so i dunno if mine is bad but i have been threw 4 radiator caps and it still blows antifreeze from under my cap bu the inlet hose. it blows it all over my engine cover and engine bay. the dealership says powertrain warranty deosnt cover radiator problems.. i tried a new clamp on the hose and it still leaked.

#20 ·
Ask them the question I did when they told me that and see the stupid look you get with no known answer. "If the radiator is not covered under the powertrain warranty then the engine should be able to run without it?" Anything needed to keep the powertrain functioning should be covered under the warranty.
James

#19 ·
umm it was at the top, i also noticed that the thick hose right by the cap had green fluid all over it oo

#22 ·
Mine blew out the bottom also at about 53k. It was covered under the extended warr. for only $50.

Jody

#23 ·
Try taking some needle nose plier's & crimp the tap's on the cap down a little bit, so it fit's more snugly. This fixed my leak, i also turn the cap around 180*, so the writing is upside down. Leak free for 1000's of mile's now.
WARNING- Do this when the engine is cold, you don't want to burn your face off. lol

#24 ·
My radiator went yesterday. 55k miles.

Does anyone know if the Bronze Extended warranty covers this?

#25 ·
My radiator is now leaking. 32,000 miles. i think its just the cap though. There's antifreeze on top of my engine cover and the bottom side of my hood. I tried Advance Auto and Autozone and neither can get the right cap. I'm gonna try crimping the sides of it down like gweasel77 did to see if it works for me. If not i've still got 4,000 miles on my warranty.

#26 ·
LIA Nissan is ordering a new radiator. Nissan USA said it is covered.

#27 ·
I hope i dont offend anyone by this post......but i have my old OEM radiator if anyone wants to buy it for cheap? you guys can PM me if you want. just thought i would offer to you guys in trouble and all.

#28 ·
my stock radiator cracked at the bottom tank, after my warranty just ran out(36k) got a stillen one put in before they went on backorder. two weeks later a fanblade snapped off and popped three holes in the brand spankin new all aluminum radiator. pulled it out again and had it repaired. all good now

#29 ·
It seems the radiator might be another of those ugly Titan surprises that pops up it head similar to the persistent rear axle seal leak problem. If you haven't yet had the problem, just wait a while longer.

My 2004 Titan with 17K miles turns 5 years old this month and the radiator is holding so far. Just last week I ordered the Stillen radiator as a preventative upgrade but the Stillen radiators are backordered for about a month.

I hope the Stillen radiator is as robust as it appears to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.