Nissan Titan Forum banner

4x4 hesitation in reverse?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  rangermo2565 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had their TITAN seem to hesitate while backing up in 4x4? Mine has done it several times, you have to smash the gas to back-up.

#5 ·
norcaltitan said:
ive had it happen twice. i had to smash the throttle to get the truck to move. taking it in for some minor fixes gonna ask the dealership about the problem with it. its only when in 4x4 mode
Are you TURNING or anything while this happens? You may just be binding up some of the driveline.

#6 ·
This is what I figured. Is this really bad for the drivetrain? I had this happen this weekend where I needed to back up out of a "parking spot" that was full of snow and had to turn so as not to hit a telephone pole. It really bound up and I tried doing it in 2 wheel drive but couldn't get out. Finally put it back in four and just gunned it. I sure was nervous thinking that I could break something but there was no other way for me to get out. Anyone have any specifics about what's going on and if you can do some major damage?

#7 ·
I've been backing straight out of driveways, parking spaces, etc, so I don't think I could be binding up the drivetrain. Service guys said they have never heard of this before. It's good ( sort of) to know I'm not the only one this has happened to though.

#8 ·
My truck does the same thing. I have a 2wd though but after putting the trans in reverse I have to give it gas. It almost feels like the parking brake is engaged but it isn't. I figured it was normal. :?: