Nissan Titan Forum banner

Questions about Lifting

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Misfit482 
#1 ·
I'm new to lifting trucks. I admire them, I just want to see if its better to use the bilstein 5100's to level out the truck? I'm not really in the high funds level so I was trying to see what you all think will be helpful. I want to be able to add tires and rims but for now just want the lift to get it set up. thanks.

#2 ·
First and most important, are 2WD or 4X4? What year?

#4 ·
A set of Billy's on the middle setting will give you about 1.5" lift up front. The top would get you 2" but it will ride like poop. I have my Billy's on the middle setting and the ride is awesome compared to stock. 2wd are easier to lift (no CV axles). If you want more lift than that, then go with a spindle lift. That would give you 4" up front. Of course you would then need a 1-1.5" block in the rear to sit level. The cheapest option is a leveling kit. Since your an '08 only a 2" spacer is recommended otherwise you will get CBC.

#6 ·
Cbc is coil bucket contact. It's when the upper control arm comes down too far and hits the coil bucket. Typically only occurs when running too tall of a spacer or shock without aftermarket upper control arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.