Nissan Titan Forum banner

Track Short Belt Mod

11K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  04titanss 
#1 ·
Ok I have done my measureing and did a good deal of hunting at the Auto Part Store. After making 4-5 trips I got a belt that will work. It is 60 inches long and it fits perfect. It is one groove less in width then the stock belt. But I could not find one the same width and length that I needed.

This mod by-passes the A/C pump and the power steering pump. Another great thing...if you have your windows fogging up at the track you can use your heater and not worry about the A/C pump engaging.

So if anyone does this make sure all pulleys are in the same groove. It will work great just make sure all pulleys are running in the same groove.

I have included a picture of the product and a diagram of the belt path. Belt Part #'s 4060600 6PK1525

I pulled my intake but off so I would have an easier path too the belt and it's pulleys. Then I took a 14MM socket and placed it on the tensionor pulley. You pull this to the passenger side of the truck and it loosens the belt. Pull the stock belt off and put in a safe place!!!

Put the short pulley on the same way the OEM belt came off. But if your belt is one groove less in width as mine is make sure all pulleys are running on the same groove or you will possibly shred the belt.

I took the truck out too my normal testing spot and ran 4 runs. Came back home.....pulled the shorty belt off and put the OEM belt back on. Waited about an hour to make sure the engine has cooled so the test would be similar.

On average I gained about .1 tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile and my trap speed came up .82 MPH. Which is the difference between 14.73 and 14.63....14.63 sounds much better to me.

I think I may have been able to do a little more. I seemed to have more wheel spin with the shorty belt....I will dyno this mod after I get my headers put on in a couple weeks.

So if you want to get every inch out of your truck at the track this mod works and the belt swaps out in a matter of minutes. Beware....do this at the track. This truck is very hard to drive with the power steering pump bypassed.

TB By-Pass mod to be done soon also along with my headers!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
i wanna give it a try to

#29 ·
lol...nah i just wanna be fast...i would have to have a really good DA to beat your times and run DR's like you....i think i can pull a 13.8x on the stock tires, but 13.7 would have to be great DA and DR's...unless i had a short belt lol..i also have a secret mod i wanna try, if it works i will tell yall what it is...supposedly i hear it should give me a couple tenths....but this is copared to older muscle cars....we'll see...i wanna be the fastest NA 04-06 period lol, and do it without cams (except for toomnymods, i wont be close to that)...wouldnt that be cool to do the short belt and my other mod and pull off a 13.5 or 13.6 NA without cams!!!?? i gotta keep setting new goals since i've reached my previous goals lol

#31 ·
thats why i just put NA in my post lol

#33 ·
lol no no no...no one has done it here

#35 ·
heck ya....must be exhaust stuff.....rock on man....i wont sell mine cause you can buy kits for it

#38 · (Edited)
well i'm always up for a cool new mod, if i can get this pig to run 13's in summer i will be happy....i can do the short belt mod, my secret mod, your mod....my mod is either going to help a lot or not do anything, we will see....but with these 3 mods i should be 13's in summer, now that would be awesome....13.6's and 13.7's in winter would be cool too lol

i wish someone would come out with a larger TB to be honest with you, and an affordable performance intake manifold...i will never do cams so i need some more mods!!

#39 ·
o-fivecc said:
well i'm always up for a cool new mod, if i can get this pig to run 13's in summer i will be happy....i can do the short belt mod, my secret mod, your mod....my mod is either going to help a lot or not do anything, we will see....but with these 3 mods i should be 13's in summer, now that would be awesome....13.6's and 13.7's in winter would be cool too lol

i wish someone would come out with a larger TB to be honest with you, and an affordable performance intake manifold...i will never do cams so i need some more mods!!
lol there is a 90 mm tb already lol! and if i was u guys id save up for cams lol!

#40 ·
nah i will never do em...there is no chance i will do cams...but i might do 50-75 shot of nitrous, but we'll see about that too

#42 ·
Did you try this short belt KHA??

#43 ·
not yet probably this friday

here are some other brands and their model numbers. i ran a cross reference on Rossi's belt and came up with this

TUF - TF060598

GATES - K060598

DAYCO - 5060600

GOODYEAR - 4060600

CADNA - 600K6

other universal brands - 6PK1525

MASTER PRO - K060598 (i bought this one at oreilly auto 12.99)

hope this helps

#44 ·
Heck yeah it helps!! Thanks...let us know how it performs....I want to try this in a few months for some cold weather runs

#46 ·
Yeah I'm going to try it to. I ordering a shift kit along with 14 qts of Matic S tranny fluid tonight and will be getting some Nitrous installed this or next week to run a 75 shot. Hoping for 13.4 and maybe 13.3 with short belt. Just bought a Nismo CAI and now I can actually do the 4" ram air LOL

#48 ·
Yeah its sold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.