Nissan Titan Forum banner

Water Leak

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  baseballfanz 
#1 ·
2005 Titan, 25K miles: Front carpets get soaked from rain. I've read about some problems with the rear window leak causing wet carpets. Has anyone had wet carpets NOT caused by the rear window? If so, what was the fix?

Trying to locate a leak while looking under the instrument panel is impossible.

#2 ·
Are you sure its rain water? if so, it could be bad or mis-alinged weather strips.

#3 ·
A known issue that you will want to rule out is the AC condensate leak for which a TSB was issued and is shown below:

Attachments

#4 ·
i had the same problem and it ended up being the a/c condensation line

all i did to fix the problem was tear off the black boot, and replace it with my own 12" clear plastic hose with a clamp, now the water drips onto the ground instead of back in thru the firewall and onto passenger floorboard..

#6 ·
The insulation pad that runs up the incline of the footwells got soaked again and I can't figure out how to remove the pad with taking apart half the stuff that's under the dash. I considered cutting the pad for ease of removal but that's a last resort.

As for the A/C drain hose possibility, I haven't even driven the truck for a few days and it rained.

Suggestions?

#7 ·
Continuing Saga........

I ran a hose along the lower windshield seal and water came in at a gap in the sheet metal seam just left of the dead pedal. The passenger's side has the seam but it's filled with sealant. I squeezed some silicone into the gap.

Just in case there's also a leak caused by the A/C drain hose, I looked for the hose from under the truck and from under the instrument panel. I even ran the engine with the A/C on. No draining. So..........where's the hose??

BTW, there's a TSB on lengthening the hose. I called the dealer. He's aware of the TSB but it isn't a free job. I thought TSBs were free. Guess not.

#8 ·
The A/C condensor drain hose is behind the passenger side fender liner.
You have to take the fender liner off to see it.

TSB is only free if you're still under warranty.
It's not a recall.

There's another TSB for water leak if the carpet is wet on either side after rain or car wash.
Look like that's what your problem was.
NTB07-034

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.