Nissan Titan Forum banner

Pinion seal leak, need advice

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Learjet 
#1 ·
2006 CC, Big tow, axle vent mod, 47,000 miles total, 17,000 of the 47,000 towing Travel trailer.

My question is: Pinion seal is leaking. It leaked bad on time , now just a little. I am bring it to the dealer any advice, since it is only leaking a little now? and should I disconnect the axle vent mod?

I should add, that the first time it did it I added fluid because it was down 1/4 of an inch. I just checked it again and it was down 1/4 inch or so again, so I add some more fluid. It was never run low on fluid. It seems to leak more under a load while towing, if I had to guess.

Thanks !

#2 ·
You are in warranty, so let the dealer fix it.
I think it would be a good idea to remove your vent mod, even though it didn't have anything to do with the leak.

#3 ·
Depending on your dealer it may be a good idea to remove the mod before you take it in. With mine I discussed it with the shop manager and some of there senior techs and left them with the part numbers so they could do it for other owners.

#4 ·
Thought I had a a bad axle seal again last week turns out to be my pinion seal dealer is going to fix under power train warranty.My truck has 43000 miles on it.The only thing I am scared of is my tru trac.I told the service guy about it and he was real cool and sead do not worry about it.But the tru trac could void my factory warranty if he wanted it to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.