Nissan Titan Forum banner

ABS sensor replacement

54K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Mikemcl48 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experiance doing this? My slip, abs, and vdc off lights were on. I took truck and payed the $80.oo for the consult diagnose and found my driver side abs sensor is bad. Stealership wants $90.00 labor to replace it, and I have not gone and looked yet, but it can't be that bad a job to do. Any help out there?

#2 ·
This is a fairly easy job. You will have to remove the brake caliper and rotor to get to the sensor. Look at attachment for sensor removal/replacement.

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks Steve and Demon, looks like there is not much to it! I have also been reading up that a lot of times the sensors will show a short when dirty, so I will try cleaning it if it looks dirty.

#5 ·
If that 90 includes the sensor, I would let them do it. I paid around 80 something for my sensor with a discount. If not, then you can do it no problem. I don't know if cleaning it will work becuase they are sealed and nothing should be on it. Make sure to clean around where it seals really good and use the grease that comes with it and don't let anything get in the hole. My lights went off almost immediately after fixing it. If you can change brakes, you can do this.

#6 ·
src4usarmy said:
If that 90 includes the sensor, I would let them do it. I paid around 80 something for my sensor with a discount. If not, then you can do it no problem. I don't know if cleaning it will work becuase they are sealed and nothing should be on it. Make sure to clean around where it seals really good and use the grease that comes with it and don't let anything get in the hole. My lights went off almost immediately after fixing it. If you can change brakes, you can do this.
LOL, no the $90.00 was labor, they wanted 154.00 for the sensor!!! I got it from Brian (jerseyparts) for $115.00. I'm not worried, I've done much more complicated then this.

#10 ·
only place you can get it is from Nissan. A member and former sponsor Jerseyparts can get it for you if you PM him, there is Fontana Nissan, one of our newer sponsers (http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/member.php?u=16900) there is also Courtesy Nissan which is one of the bigger online OEM parts dealers. Just a matter of who you can get the best deal from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.