Nissan Titan Forum banner

No horn!!!

33K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  amtitan808 
#1 ·
My horn is out. I dont use it much but one day behind another driver at a light, light turns green and he doesnt move...well I tried my horn and nothing!!! Well he eventually went and as I followed Im trying to think why my horn didnt work. Got home to inspect fuses and all is good. Need your help now...please.:love-sick-big:

#3 ·
Don't now if its not a fuse, but even if you don't use the horn much, its a safety thing, it may be that one time that saves you from some jerk hitting you.

#4 ·
Ive looked at the wires in front and dont appear to have any damage. Is there a relay maybe that im missing?

#5 ·
There is a fuse and a relay for the horn. The fuse is #25, a 15 amp, in the fuse and relay box under the hood. See attachment.

Attachments

#6 ·
Ok I did the tap the wire trick to see if horn is working and it does sound. So could it be the relay that is bad or the steering wheel pad?

#7 ·
Does the horn sound when you lock the doors?

#8 ·
I dont have the factory alarm. Its a viper which has its own siren. I tried to get the relay out to no avail. The thing is tight in there. Ive read around that it could be the clock spring within the steering wheel itself.

#10 ·
It's the clock spring. Things will stop working on the wheel. If you have volume and cruise they will start going to. You can take it to your local garage and have them put a good scanner on it and it will most likely show intermittent signals. About 300 bucks or so to replace. My story anyway....

#11 ·
@amtitan808 if you unarm the viper alarm then use your factory key fob and see if it honks, but make sure your system is unarmed first or it will confuse the system.

#13 ·
My horn works yay!!! I got the whole turn signal/wiper stalk assembly changed out thru a good friend of mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.