Nissan Titan Forum banner

Trans. Temp. Sensor location

13K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  elbarto 
#1 ·
hello guys/girls

I recently purchased a Bully Dog Triple GT and I have been unable for it to show a Trans. temp. read out. I have notice that a number comes up in and out for a split second. I seen the temp as high as 282 which it can't be. I have seen also 142 which makes more sense. It only happens for a split second while shifting gears.

So my question is - where is the temp sensor at? I was thinking it might be loose or something. I have been looking around, but no luck.

Anynone has any ideas of how to fix the dog or where the sensor is?. Thanks.

Later.

btw, have not downloaded a tuner. Just plug it in and been using the readouts Do not know if it makes a difference.

#2 ·
The BDGT can't read trans. temp on the Titan.

You'd have to install a short throw trans. temp gauge into the test port on the passenger side of the trans.

Engine operating temp is usually 170-195F

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. Based on the product information sheet, it does read trans. temp. Also, a couple of TT members say that it does.
At least for me, it has not done it consistently. Only does it every once in a while, during the up-shift.

Maybe a misprint on the product info sheet, but just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks.

ps. http://www.bullydog.com/documents/40410 GT Gas product info sheet 5.0.pdf

ps2. 06 CC 4x4 non-big tow if it helps.

#4 ·
The transmission temp sensor is inside the transmission. Actually, there are two of them. They send their signals over the CAN (the network between the different computers in the Titan).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.