Nissan Titan Forum banner

FInally got around to painting my engine cover

12K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  RIDER 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got to do it and the guys at the meet saw it done. Here it is for those that weren't at the meet. Hardest thing is taping off the part you don't want painted. Use the Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. This stuff is great. Some time this week I plan to paint the caps for Oil, brake fluid and any others I can get to.
M4ck

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
m4ck said:
Finally got to do it and the guys at the meet saw it done. Here it is for those that weren't at the meet. Hardest thing is taping off the part you don't want painted. Use the Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. This stuff is great. Some time this week I plan to paint the caps for Oil, brake fluid and any others I can get to.
Yep, saw it at the meet and it does look good! :thumbsup: One of these days, I'm gonna get around to doing this myself.

#4 ·
I couldn't find a blue to match up really good with the Activetuning Grounding kit wires I have. I was hoping to get a good match.
This paint is great though. Very easy to work with.
M4ck

#7 ·
Looks nice Mack! I went to Wally World and got myself the paint...just gotta allocate some time now.

#9 ·
i like. i'm going to paint my cover in the near future now.

#10 ·
Color looks a lot like my Old Ford Blue. Looks good!

#12 ·
I didn't see it at the meet! It looks great!!! Don't you feel like your truck is a bit faster now??? (kinda like you made her happy, so she's putting out a BIT more for you)

Attachments

#13 ·
m4ck said:
Use the Krylon Fusion paint for plastic.
Does that come in a silver metallic? and did you prime first? if so what primer did you use?

#14 ·
You dont have to primer it. Its a no prep paint. Its great stuff just clean well and dry. then tape off the area you dont want painted and spray her down. Take your time and give it several coats. Go at different angles to. Paint one coat then give it a few minutes and while its still sticky give it another and repeat several times. Mine came out great I am thinking of painting the parts I left black another color. Cant make up my mind though what color I want.
Saturday I am hoping to paint my brake callipers the same color. Also the caps to everything in the engine.
M4ck

#17 ·
Great opportunity to kiss a** AND get a post count all in one! Who wouldn't take it!

#18 ·
chasenme said:
Looks good I just got some Liquid mask to mask off what i dont want to paint it will make it alot easyr Im useing duplicolor Metel Cast with the Adhesion Promoter I Should start it today I will let you know how it goes and if works out Peace Out.....
Where do you get this Liquid Mask? I assume you just brush it over the parts you want masked, and then you peel it off afterwards?

#19 ·
Lookin good Mack
Alohas Gene

#20 ·
I didn't see it at the meet either!!! He must be holdin out on us, Nate!! LOL

Looks great m4ck. Let me know how the caliper painting goes. I wanna paint mine too, but don't have another ride to let it set for 24 hours.

#21 ·
The "Nissan" looks like it comes off. Anyone know how ?I broke one of the guides off the back by pusning on it -emblem never moved. Does the painted cover improve power or mileage ?

#22 ·
blacksmith37 said:
The "Nissan" looks like it comes off. Anyone know how ?I broke one of the guides off the back by pusning on it -emblem never moved. Does the painted cover improve power or mileage ?

The emblem is stuck on w/ double sided tape. You have to pry it off very carefully!!!!
The painted cover should be good for 10 more horses!!!! LOL

#24 · (Edited)
How well has the Krylon Paint lasted with the Heat of the engine? Does anyone have the tempature range for this paint....?

Also did you apply ClearCoat? And the tempature rating on that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.