User Tag List

#1 Old 10-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Chris C.
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face My iPad 2 in-dash...

I know I've posted this on TT as well, but I'm trying to geet all the opinions I can!

I don't have any build pictures as it was my first ever attempt at fiberglassing and I wasn't sure if I could finish. I started with a run of the mill radio faceplate piece, fabricated the "frame" out of 1/4" plywood, and then attached it to the faceplate. Then I started the fiberglass process by stretching some cloth over the frame/trim piece to make my basic mold. After a couple layers of fiberglass I smoothed it over with bondo and painted it with some K12. I had some trouble matching it to my already painted center console never got around to clearing it so I repainted it with some satin vinyl/interior paint. I did this to match the A/C vents and vinyl covered shifter console. I'm still undecided if it flows well and still may try getting everything painted uniformly.

Since the iPad covers where the A/C controls normally live, I moved them to my center console in place of the cup holders. I never really used them anyways and I can fit a drink in the center cubby hole if needed. Also, this was the easiest and simplest location as no wires needed to be lengthened, there was ample space available, and retains somewhat of a factory appearance. Afterwards, I just covered it with some cushioned black leather vinyl.

Here's the overall layout of the system for now:

-Sony XAV-70BT Headunit/preamp which I use for some simple EQ'ing, T/A, and to take adavantage of the pre-amp outputs and Bluetooth.

-iPad 2 32GB Source unit (Nav, Internet, police scanner, pandora, movies, and of course MUSIC!) connected via Bluetooth to the Sony. This meant there was no need to fabricate a docking system and I would also get a completely digital signal from the iPad. The iPad doesn't live in my truck and slips out through a slot at the top of the console for easy removal. I use a program called EQu and have complete tuning adjustability for every frequency as well as providing an awesome UI with custom colors to match the my interior.

All this sends a signal to a set of Massive Audio RK6's ran off a Massive Audio NX2. The Massives are currently using the supplied passives but I am planning a fully active system in the future with an NX4 and a miniDSP. Not installed are two Alpine SWR-823D's going into some custom ported sonotube enclosures to be ran off their own NX2 each.

I don't have a camera myself other than my Droid 2, but I'll work on some proper pics if its that big of a deal. The first picture is how it sits currently. I still need to repaint the 4x4 switch dummy plate. The second picture is my original paint job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20111001_161151.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	49081   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110926_173608.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	49082  

2006 TITAN 2WD SE FFV

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE
K&N Drop-In, Air-box Mod, Helical TBS, Coolant Bypass Mod, 18" Magnaflow(Dumped), 2* Timing Advance, Relentless RPM Catch Can, Burnout Mod
SUSPENSION/WHEELS
2008 4X4 Rancho Suspension, 2.5" Strut Spacers, 1.5" Rear Block, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bedlined OEM 5-Spoke's, Hawk HPS Brake Pads F+R
EXTERIOR
DIY Mesh Grille, 8k Low-Beam HIDS, LED Signals, 15% Tint, Bedlined Door Handles, Color-Matched Rear Bumper, Debadged
I.C.E.
Monster Wiring, Massive Audio RK6, Massive Audio NX2, JL Audio A6450, Sony XAV-70BT, iPad 2 In-Dash, (Not installed: 2x Alpine SWR-823D's)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 AM
SCORPION
Shift_Enthusiast

Wow sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#3 Old 09-01-2012, 03:06 PM
LoadThis
Shift_lurker

Ya man....real nice.

2012 Nissan Titan SL...stock but still pimp

#4 Old 09-02-2012, 01:54 AM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie

Awesome. I could never attempt anything similar. I would fail miserably...
#5 Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 PM
baseballfanz
SHIFT_Mr. Quick Answers
Shift_Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to baseballfanz Send a message via MSN to baseballfanz Send a message via Yahoo to baseballfanz
That's definitely different from other iPad install I've seen in the Titan. Nice location for the A/C switches.

Titan/Armada part numbers

Nissan's OBD II codes

Truetrac 305.5 WHP 370.4 ft/lbs tq.
#6 Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wow! That's a clean install! Way better than the way I went. I'm not ready to hack into my dash yet and didn't want a full size tablet, so I went the Nexus 7 route.

2012 SV CC Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Cloth 4X4.

Future Mods: One day AirLift Air Bags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode