Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
jake94134
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gibson Dual Extreme catback and Hellwig traction control springs on the way!!

2012 Pro-4x CCSB, Galaxy Black. Airaid MXP, Gibson Dual Extreme, Hellwig Traction Control springs. Catless Cajun B pipes on the way, BDGT pending.
post #13 of 16 Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
bipedrope
Shift_lurker

Let me know how that exhaust sounds and fits I've been looking for something different but not real loud
post #14 of 16 Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
jake94134
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipedrope View Post
Let me know how that exhaust sounds and fits I've been looking for something different but not real loud
Well it's definitely not what I'd call loud...to me it sounds just a bit throatier than the stock setup, but we'll see if it gets louder after a week or so. When I had my Ram, I ran a Gibson Super Truck and was actually pretty disappointed when I first started it up. After a week or two I noticed people sitting next to me at traffic lights putting their windows up.

Install was pretty straightforward. Took me about two hours, a good portion of which was spent trying to get the tips and tailpipes lined up just right. I did have to trim a few inches off the the end of each tailpipe. Not a fan of the hangers for the taipipes, which you have to bolt to the frame via existing holes, but they work fine. It just took me a few attempts to wrap my head around what goes where.

2012 Pro-4x CCSB, Galaxy Black. Airaid MXP, Gibson Dual Extreme, Hellwig Traction Control springs. Catless Cajun B pipes on the way, BDGT pending.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM
bipedrope
Shift_lurker

Seems typical for most exhaust systems i've put on theres always minor modifications to do, sound wise if its slighty louder I would like to by one I currently have flowmaster dauls but I live in the mountains and I feel like a *** because my trucks always in a lower gear and it sounds like i'm hauling ***. If I lived back in FL it wouldn't be so bad. The only thing I could say about the sound for yours is you may have to change your muffler with something more aggressive. Like you said only time will tell.
post #16 of 16 Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
jake94134
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipedrope View Post
Seems typical for most exhaust systems i've put on theres always minor modifications to do, sound wise if its slighty louder I would like to by one I currently have flowmaster dauls but I live in the mountains and I feel like a *** because my trucks always in a lower gear and it sounds like i'm hauling ***. If I lived back in FL it wouldn't be so bad. The only thing I could say about the sound for yours is you may have to change your muffler with something more aggressive. Like you said only time will tell.
Thats what I was thinking...I'll run it for a week or two to see how the sound develops. If I'm not happy, maybe I'll swap in a Borla muffler.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode