User Tag List

#1 Old 10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Chief
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Brake Performance

In June of 2010 I purchased the slotted and dimpled rotors from brakeperformance.com, front and rears. I also bought the upgraded premium semi metallic pads. It cost 450.00.

July 2012 I had 13,300 miles on them. The front rotors were warped. I called brake performance and they suggested either getiing the rotors turned or sending them in for a new set. I chose a new set. I took the rotors off and shipped them in (50 bucks shipping). BTW the pads themselves were still in great shape.

In a week I had my new rotors and they work well.

Brake Performance stands behind their products' lifetime guarantee and they offer professional courteous service.

Can't remember who I spoke to, but just wanted to say 'Thank You'

Chief

"I'm in denial!!!! I admit it!!!! (me)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
04 SILVER XE CREW CAB 4X4
OFFROAD PACKAGE
PREFERRED PACKAGE
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"HEMI FOR LUNCH BUNCH" MEMBER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 AM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry to poop in your pudding but when I bought from Frozen Rotors and had a problem with my rotors they sent a new set out without requiring the old ones back. Mine weren't warped but they were grinding like crazy. Like you, new rotors with the old pads fixed the problem. Granted I probably paid more for my rotors.

Anyhow, how much better is the stopping over OEM?

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#3 Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM
bassman8815
Shift_lurker

just because they cost more don't always mean there better
#4 Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Chief
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Sorry to poop in your pudding but when I bought from Frozen Rotors and had a problem with my rotors they sent a new set out without requiring the old ones back. Mine weren't warped but they were grinding like crazy. Like you, new rotors with the old pads fixed the problem. Granted I probably paid more for my rotors.

Anyhow, how much better is the stopping over OEM?
No Problem Bro. I asked them to send me a new set before I took the old ones back, I offered to pay up front and take a refund when they got my cores so the entire job could be done in one day, but they weren't able to do that for me. So my truck was down for a week.

I couldn't notice any difference in performance. They performed as well as the OEM's and that was good enough for me. Nissan put new rotors on at my 30,000 mile service without my asking. I didn't get any judder out of them until they had 52,000 miles. So in my experience the factory rotors lasted lasted 22,000 miles.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OFFROAD PACKAGE
PREFERRED PACKAGE
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#5 Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Chief
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman8815 View Post
just because they cost more don't always mean there better
I Agree

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OFFROAD PACKAGE
PREFERRED PACKAGE
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#6 Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Chief
Shift_Hardcore

I wonder, anyone ever install the cryo-rotors? They freeze them down to -300 degrees.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
OFFROAD PACKAGE
PREFERRED PACKAGE
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#7 Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have them (Frozen Rotors) on my wife's mini-van.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#8 Old 11-22-2012, 12:59 AM
wags84
Shift_Newbie

so which brand of rotors would everyone pick ? i was just planning on getting a new set for my 2010 and was thinking of putting slotted rotors and new pads on . now i tow my boat and during the hunting season my 4wheelers always getting hauled so what would be my best bet ??
#9 Old 11-22-2012, 10:44 PM
cayers1122
Shift_Enthusiast

I have the full set of front and rear dimpled and slotted rotors from brakeperformance and I managed to warp them within 2 weeks. They offered me the same deal of ship them in and they would replace them but I can't be without my truck for a week or more. They are willing to honor their warranty just not willing to make it easy at all. I have been dealing with major brake kidder from mine ever since. Prob a year and a half now. I think I am going to buy a set of frozen rotors as I have only heard good things about them then send these others I have in to be replaced and sell the damn things. I don't want to have to do a brake job 2 more times, once to put oem junk back on then put the new rotors I get under warranty back on once they get back to me. They have a good warranty it's just a royal pita to deal with if you can't be without your truck for a week or more.
I will just sell my new warrantied rotors on eBay as I wouldn't recommend them to anyone on the boards due to the them warping just as easy if not easier than the oem ones.
I also paid the extra $ for the "premium ceramic pads" when I originally purchased them. When I called about the warranty, brakeperformance.com told me that the warping of their rotors on Nissan titans was pretty common and they recommend using their semi-metallic pads to reduce heat. My issue with this is part of the reason ceramic pads are usually so good is that ceramic dissipates heat better than a semi-metallic pad. Maybe I am wrong about this but it seems that if the tiles on the space shuttle that are designed to dissipate heat when it passes through the atmosphere are made from a composite ceramic material that it must dissipate heat better than any other options that NASA could come up with.
I will end my rant now and sorry if I thread jacked a little bit bit I get a little pissy every time I think about the brakes situation.
#10 Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 PM
yam_apex91469
Shift_lurker

I got about 44k on the factory fronts and replaced them with slotted/dimpled rotors. They performed the same as OEM as far as I could tell. They lasted until about 80k I started noticing some chatter. Ran them up to 89k and just changed them out yesterday with cheapies from Autozone. They have a 2 year warranty we'll give it a try. I know all titans seem to wear the inside pad twice as much as the outside but what I noticed when removing the dimpled rotors, all of he slots and dimples were clean and open on the outside of the rotors but were caked full of hardened brake dust on the inside. They also had significant grooving on the inside where the outside looked pretty good. Thought about turning them but figured the clogged slots would create a problem. I'm just going to assume every 40k or so I'm throwing on a set of brakes. I can't seem to pull the trigger on frozens - for the price I'm worried I won't get any more life than any of the others

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode