Newbie here, need some experienced direction on mods - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
User Tag List

#11 Old 11-22-2012, 03:51 AM
senseibuddy
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got this off PRG website:

1 inch lift spacer

PRG Price: $79.00
Quantity
Description
billet spacer that can be added on top of coilovers for 1" more lift. These spacers are 5/8" thick, you must be sure that the studs/bolts on your upper mount will allow for this add'l thickness. These will NOT, did i mention, THESE WILL NOT work on stuck struts. price is for pair shipped in the 50 states.

THESE WILL NOT work on stuck struts.

What are STUCK STRUTS? Did they mean STOCK STRUTS?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 Old 11-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just trying to prepare you for all that is involved with a header swap. Stealerships probably won't install headers considering they are a major alteration to the emissions system. They are likely restricted by laws and regulatios. Which is why they don't have the ability to adjust AFR's. Heck, most won't even do the 2* timing advance. Plenty of T owners are running LT headers, Cajun or Berk b pipes, and catback systems with a Bully dog GT with no CEL or SES. Some have also reported that their AFR's are ok (how they got this info I don't know.) If you just do b pipes and a catback, you should be ok without a tuner. It's when you swap the restrictive exhaust manifolds for headers that will require you to add a tuner.

Start with your b pipes to solve your fault codes. Worry about headers later.

Quote:
...it sounds impropable that Nissan can't do what Uprev can do.
It's part of being a Titan owner. It's kinda a love/hate thing.

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's mid perch, sway bar removed, 5125's, DK shackles, Brake motive brakes, headlight mod w/ JB switcbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit
#13 Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseibuddy View Post

What are STUCK STRUTS? Did they mean STOCK STRUTS?

The bolts that hold the strut into coilbucket can sometimes get seized and have to be cut to remove strut. A 1" spacer won't level you out either. You will need a 2" to be completely level. The 1" spacers are more designed for guys running custom suspension set ups like mine.

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's mid perch, sway bar removed, 5125's, DK shackles, Brake motive brakes, headlight mod w/ JB switcbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit
#14 Old 11-22-2012, 01:51 PM
senseibuddy
Shift_lurker

Misfit, you are awesome for assisting me so damn much. I'm not having the dealer do anything. Just asking if they can tune the AFR.
If they can't, then I will do what everyone else does.

I have ordered the long tube headers, Air Raid system, and next week I'm ordering the BPipes.
Now when it comes to bolting this on, I'm getting the Automotive shop at the local community college (friends w the auto instructor)
They have all the tools, lifts, supports, etc. they even have a Genesis Tool, but I'm not sure what it can and can't do.
I will be there with them and provide lunch for the class.

With 2-3 mechanics working on it at the same time, it might move at a good pace..

Hoping for no missing parts, no stripped header bolts, etc.

Anything I should be on the look out for?

Also, as far as the 1" spacer goes, I'm just looking to get close to a level look. What's the biggest front lift spacer I can get
Without affecting the current stock setup?

#15 Old 11-22-2012, 01:58 PM
senseibuddy
Shift_lurker

Also, is there a place I can order and replace the diff seals? Or is that something I just replace the whole damn diff?

#16 Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

The tallest spacer you can add is 2" without having issues. Prg also makes a 1.5" spacer.

As far as the diff goes, most shops should be able to replace the seals. The more common seals to leak are the rear axle seals. If you see oil on the dust shields they're leaking or did at some point. New seals and axle vent mod and the rear axle will better than the day it came off the line.

Hope everything goes smooth for ya.

#17 Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The challenge when changing the suspension on pre-2007 4x4 Titans is that the c-clip inside the differential that holds the axle shafts doesn't hold up. The more lift you create, the more stress is placed on the c-clip. This problem was fixed by Nissan starting with some 2006 models from what I hear.

The issues that Misfit is referring to in the above post is that beyond a certain spacer height the Upper Control Arm (UCA) will come into contact with the coilover bucket and make a clunking sound at full droop (which happens more often than you think). Aftermarket UCA's eliminate this problem.

For what it's worth, my Titan is leveled using adjustable coilovers. It is a much more expensive way to level than a spacer but I needed the heavier coil springs in the aftermarket coilover.

If the rear axle seals are leaking the dealers are now fixing it with a package from Nissan that includes the axle shaft, seal and (I think) the bearing. My understanding of the current theory on why the axle is in that set is that there may have been excessive wear on the axle shaft that caused the leak. So replacing just the seal isn't enough.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode