#21 Old 04-01-2011, 04:29 PM
luusnut
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn's Brood View Post
Did you E-mail him back? My console came with all the wiring I just haven't had five minutes to play with it
yeah I emailed him back. but now my compass and outside temp guage doesnt work. Can someone help me with that please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
drunkendet
Shift_Enthusiast

Sorry bro I wouldn't know where to start...I don't have either, good luck.

05 Galaxy XE (debadged) - KMC Bronze Revolver, 35" Xtreme AT

Suspension--F/Radflo 2.5 C/O, PRG UCAs, CST CBDB - R/Deaver C-30, Bilstein 5125
Interior--Console swap, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, Tech box, Memphis subs, Kicker amp
Performance--AEM intake, Banks Monster exhaust, Bully Dog GT, ground kit
Exterior--Roadrunner Fenders, LED signals, black LED brake/tail lights, Bronze grille, 15% tint, Tuxedo Lopro, DDM HIDs, Bed armor N-Fab steps/rear bumper, Custom bed rack/cargo/snowboard carrier.

Future--wrap and traction bars, new Pic
#23 Old 04-03-2011, 08:30 PM
luusnut
Shift_lurker

I figured out what was going on. I guess the shifter is on the same circuit as the compass and temp guage. Everytime I hit the brake pedal with the harness hooked up to the floor shifter it blows the fuse. Im not sure if I should just put a bigger fuse in it or if something else is wrong. All of my connections are correct per Beto01's instructions.

The floor shifter may draw more amps than the column shifter. What do you guys think?
#24 Old 04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
04titanss
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luusnut View Post
I got an email from Beto01 explaining the wiring for the shift lock and key lock. I hope he doesnt mind me sharing this but looks like everyone needs some help with this. So here it is.

Hello,

I am very sorry for not getting back to you guys any sooner but here is what you need to get you started for the shifter. You guys have to remove the shifter from the column if you haven't done so, there is a square electrical connector attached to it that you have to disconnect and these are the main wires that you need. I removed everything and left the column bear, my steering wheel still locks and works great. Have you guys installed your center console and the shifter onto the truck? have you attached the shifter cable to it? you should have done this by now and your truck should be able to shift gears precisely by just pressing down and manually pushing the shifter lock lever. In the pictures I sent you will see the original floor shifter harness, what I did was i took that harness and cut off the end and took the other harness from the column and used it by connecting the following wires together:
Take the white wire from the column harness and connect it to the red/white wire on the floor shifter harness
Take the gray wire from the column harness and connect it to the gray wire on the floor shifter harness
Take the blue wire from the column harness and connect it to the yellow/red wire on the floor shifter harness
Take the black wire from the column harness and connect it to the black wire on the floor shifter harness

These connections will allow you to shift the lever by unlocking the coil each time you step on the brake and will indicate the parking, neutral and drive (the one with the circle around it) on the guage cluster. I am having a hard time figuring the connection for the regular drive, this is when you push the lever to the left and activates the switch to take you out of overdrive. This is not critical since the truck is always best at the overdrive mode when your on the freeway and I am still having to figure out the wire for indicating the lower gears of course you can still use them by shifting to them but it wont indicate it on the guage until the wires are connected. I have not had a chance to figure these out but by just connecting these wire you are good to go, I will however send you an update once they are figured out.
For the illumination of the shifter cover just connect the red with strip wire to the same wire color for the stereo behind the face plate and the other wire to ground, this will allow it to light up at night when you turn on the lights. These two wires should be connected to a large brown connector, i just cut off the connector. Also take a look at picture 88, this is the connection for the power plug sockets on the back of the console. I used the connector from the center jump seat that was removed and attached it to the two bottom wires and just connected it to the factory connector on the floor. I KNOW I WROTE THIS PRETTY FAST BUT LET ME KNOW IF YOU DON,T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING.
Thanks,
Robert

Make sure you send him your thank you! I havent wired it up yet because I had to find the harness since my console didnt come with one. But Im am going to attemp to wire it tomorrow.
Thanks for the Info.

2004 XE KC Performance Mods: UNDER GROUND
Quickest UNTUNED Titan 13.900 @ 96.67mph
N/A Tuned Non Cammed 13.180@102.31

04 XE Mod List

Rosetta Stone by HRTKD Part Number List by baseballfanz

07 Pipes w/ 22" M/F Sound Clip

#25 Old 04-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Finn's Brood
Shift_lurker

Bigger fuse might do the trick. I don't have the compass/temp gague, so I wonder if that wiring would even work for me. I actually thought about dumping this all together since I can't find the time to even approach it but I really want that console shift. has ANYONE had any better luck?
#26 Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 AM
JLW5233
Shift_lurker

hey guys any up dates on this? I'm looking to swap mine out soon
#27 Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Theone
Shift_lurker

I will be doing this mod shortly,just haven't had the time to figure out the wiring as i need my truck on a daily basis.Just looking at the schematic the floor shifter has a shift lock solenoid,another switch(not sure what this one is for),and two detention switches(for manual shifting).As i go along i will post my findings. i can post images,just don't want to hijack this thread.
#28 Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Red Rover
Shift_lurker

I started this mod last weekend. I'm going to spend tomorrow playing around with the shifter. Has there been any more updates on getting it to work?
#29 Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Theone
Shift_lurker

The shifter mod does work.I had to readjust the shifter wire once i reinstalled everything.Be sure you reconnect all your electrical connections.I forgot to reconnect my 4x4 switch:-(.Luckily It happen in the backyard.
#30 Old 03-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Red Rover
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theone View Post
The shifter mod does work.I had to readjust the shifter wire once i reinstalled everything.Be sure you reconnect all your electrical connections.I forgot to reconnect my 4x4 switch:-(.Luckily It happen in the backyard.
what you mean you readjust the wire? Was the gear your truck was in not matching up with the shifter?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode