User Tag List

#1 Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 PM
oconnor08
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Automatic Door Lock and Keyless Entry Question

I recently bought a 2008 xe king cab with the xe prefered package. The only options I must admit I miss are power windows, locks and keyless entry. I can live with the crank windows but the locks I just cannot seem to get used to. I have read about aftermarket power locks, does anyone here have any expirence installing these? I am not sure I can handle the wiring aspect of the install, trying to gauge the difficulty. Also how clean the buttons look on the door once installed, I am hoping they do not look cheap or out of place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Kingpin
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If they're like mine, the switches WILL look cheap and out of place. I plan on seeing if I can find the factory door insert with the buttons at a local salvage yard and change them out. Also, my kit didn't come with a passenger side lock button so the passenger has to use the factory door lock "flipper" in the panel. That doesn't sound like a big deal but it puts stress on the parts that connect the actuator to the lock linkage and it will eventually fail. As far as putting it all in, it washout of a pain but not really that bad. I put in an alarm with remote door lock feature. I also added power windows. That was a little more trouble but I'm really glad I did it. Again though, switches do NOT look factory in any way shape or form!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode