Remote Start Questions... - Page 3 - Nissan Titan Forum
User Tag List

#21 Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
gabet40
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ya sorry bout that but the way it was labeled in my manual was as an 'ECM wake up' or 'Bulb Test' wire, nothing about cranking. I looked a little deeper and learned that it is actually sending a ground during pulse.

07 King Cab XE; limo tint all around; 4 pc., 20-bar billet grille; aftermarket power windows and door locks; more to come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
RedViper98
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to RedViper98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabet40
ya sorry bout that but the way it was labeled in my manual was as an 'ECM wake up' or 'Bulb Test' wire, nothing about cranking. I looked a little deeper and learned that it is actually sending a ground during pulse.
No big deal...as long as it's only active during crank...you're good to go.

EX - 2006 Granite King Cab SE 4X4, Big Tow, Off Road, Utility Bed, Popular w/Captains Chairs, Viper 791XV, Voolant CAI, AVS In Channel Vent Visor,Courtesy Nissan Big Tow Chrome Mirror Caps, Magnaflow Single Side Exhaust, Lund SS Bug deflector, Lund SS step rails, Truxedo Lo-Pro, PRG Mini-lift, Throttle Body coolant bypass mod SOLD

2010 PRO-4X CC Galaxy Black w/Captain's Chairs, PRO-4X Utility, Leather, Stillen Intake, Nissan black hood protector, Nissan black running boards, Truxedo LoPro QT, Viper 5902 Alarm w/Remote Start, and Vent Shade In Channel Vent Visors.
- Marc

Member CTFBC
#23 Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 PM
gabet40
Shift_lurker

ya theres a 4-pin aux. harness thats described as only overriding all the factory alarm features. but once you read what signal it actually sends out, guess you can do whatever you want with it.

again thanx for all your help guys, ill let you know when were up and running

07 King Cab XE; limo tint all around; 4 pc., 20-bar billet grille; aftermarket power windows and door locks; more to come...
#24 Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 AM
gabet40
Shift_lurker

funny thing today,

Since i still have to buy the immobilizer bypass, I had put off the rest of the install until i was bored enough today to go ahead and wire the rest. And just for sits and giggles i decided to try it out and see what happens, and sure enough, darn thing fired right up! no key bypass! are there some trucks with chips and some without? does this have anything to do with how basic my truck was when i bought it? (no power windows/locks)

what ever the reason, glad i saved that $$!

#25 Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
RedViper98
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to RedViper98
Wow...news to me. I know the Frontier XEs didn't have chips...but I didn't know about the Titans. Glad to hear you saved some $.

EX - 2006 Granite King Cab SE 4X4, Big Tow, Off Road, Utility Bed, Popular w/Captains Chairs, Viper 791XV, Voolant CAI, AVS In Channel Vent Visor,Courtesy Nissan Big Tow Chrome Mirror Caps, Magnaflow Single Side Exhaust, Lund SS Bug deflector, Lund SS step rails, Truxedo Lo-Pro, PRG Mini-lift, Throttle Body coolant bypass mod SOLD

2010 PRO-4X CC Galaxy Black w/Captain's Chairs, PRO-4X Utility, Leather, Stillen Intake, Nissan black hood protector, Nissan black running boards, Truxedo LoPro QT, Viper 5902 Alarm w/Remote Start, and Vent Shade In Channel Vent Visors.
- Marc

Member CTFBC
#26 Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
gabet40
Shift_lurker

Hello again gentlemen. I forgot what a pain remote start systems are, so when the afore mentioned unit went out last month, i bought a new unit, hoping the wiring would be an easy swap.
For the most part it was, but i'm stuck on a couple wires:
1. The previous unit had wire that provided a "ground output when armed" to the starter inhibit relay terminal #86. The new unit didn't include the starter inhibit relay instructions, and doesn't offer a "ground output when armed" wire. Where do I connect this wire? Or do I need to? Image attached.
2. The new unit has a yellow/black "+12 vold alarm by-pass output" and instructs to connect it to the "ignition input of the alarm system". I just want to confirm that this means to connect it directly to the Blue Ignition wire.
3. There is another relay from the previous unit that has the following connections:
#86 & #30 joined and connected to BAT1
#87 connected to Ignition 2
#87a unused
#85 that used to connect to "Ground output during start/crank". The new unit does have a similar optional output, so common sense tells me to connect it, but with all the other discrepancies, I just want to confirm that it is still necessary.
Thanks again for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0019.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	50453  

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode