User Tag List

post #1 of 2 Old 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Surveyor
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face Fog lights troubleshoot

Please help with my fog light problem, I installed OEM lights years ago and they worked fine up until I had a remote starter installed and then uninstalled due to the fact it didn't work. My fog light install consited of grounding the lights and running a hot wire to the fuse box under the hood. I found the hot switchable terminal and put a fuse in the fog light spot and replaced my light switch with the oem one provided. The lights worked as they were supposed to, when I turned the high beems on they went off and so forth. Can anyone help me find out why they don't anymore.
1 I have checked all the fuses and replaced every one.
2 Checked the bulbs and hot wired the lights to make them work.
3 Bought a new switch and replaced mine.
4 Pulled and tested two relays under the dash an in the front compartment, this was not a good idea... nothing worked after I re-installed them for a minute or two and there was a slight click from them. But now they seem to work for the headlights.

When the "install tech" was finished the truck would not go into drive because of a loose wire to a lock which took a Nissan machanic several hours to diagnose. Thera are two brown colored wires with caps on them dangeling from a harnes under where my right knee would be, I connected them but nothing seriouse happend, as far as I know.

If someone could help me before I blow this truck up I'd be greatfull.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Surveyor
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Back to working on this... Can anyone identify the relays and wire connections in the fuse box under the hood.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode