User Tag List

#1 Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Drummer0314
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PRG Leafs Springs or Air Ride Kit

I need some help figuring out my best option. I tow triple axle 38 foot trailers around my boat yard, not very far but it sags my suspensions down to the tires with my 6 inch lift on 35's. I know the 08 springs are junk but PRG has a HD spring add kit for $299 that should drastically help, but with those trailer it probably will still sag. Im assuming the air bags would do much better for that, but i'm wondering about being unloaded if the springs would be a better choice. Some one please help me out lol

2008 Nissan Titan CC XE Majestic Blue, Big Tow, Dynomax Bullets, Xtreme Rhino-Lined Badges, 6" Pro Comp Lift (Stage I), Alpine IVA-W505, MTX 604, MTX 801D, 20x8.5, +10 Offset XD775 Rockstars, 35x12.50x20 Toyo M/T's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There is a recent thread on TT where a guy cracked his frame due to the air bags and a heavier than allowed trailer tongue weight. The air bags were the type that requires you to drill holes in your frame. I've heard that the air bags make for a rough ride even when aired down. I have no first hand experience to offer.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#3 Old 12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
04offroadtitan
Shift_Fanatic

Ya I don't know either but I'd be really careful towing that much weight even if it is just for a short distance cause if it makes it squat that much I am assuming its over the towing limit of the truck. I know it probably does it fine and it will probably will keep doing fine. But it only takes one time to hit something wrong and mess something major up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

New ride: 2010 Crew Cab Pro-4x; Volant Powercore intake; Magnaflow muffler swap
Coming Soon PRg leveling kit
Old Ride:2004 King Cab LE with Off-Road and Big Tow
PRG Leveling Kit, JBA Cat-Back Exhaust w/ SLP Loudmouth muffler,New Volant Powercore Intake,2 degree advance,Axle Vent Mod, Stillen Differential Cover w/M1 75w-140
Other rides: 2008 Armada SE; All stock and will probably stay that way since it is the wifes. We'll see.
2004 Dodge 1500; Wifes first truck so we kust kept it. All stock.
1972 Ford F100 Ranger XLT; 360 with cam, headers, edelbrock 600, Edelbrock Al. Intake, straight pipe dumped below cab. Its loud. (thinking about possioble VK56 swap in the future when done with school)
#4 Old 12-31-2012, 01:02 AM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Somewhere in the '08 model year they upgraded the leaf spring shackles (rear ones). Check yours. I don't remember if it was an '08 or '08.5 upgrade.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#5 Old 12-31-2012, 09:39 PM
TheSkeeter
Shift_Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to TheSkeeter
I have airbags in the rear. More control over the ride as varying weights are attached. If they're aired down to ~15 psi for normal driving, it's soft and a little smoother than springs alone.

The Skeeter
2005 LE 4x4 CC
PRG mini-lift, Performance Accessories 3" body lift, Helo Maxx 6 17x9 wheels, Yokohama Geolander A/T-S 315/70 R17 Tires, Clubtitan.org sticker @ +20 HP!, Wade in-channel window visors, AVS bug shield, chrome tailgate bezel, 20% tint front/20%+factory rear/sides
#6 Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Here is the thread on TT: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tita...ked-frame.html.

Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#7 Old 01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
trckwsh01
Shift_Newbie

Another option may be the Timbren kit. While hauling the trailer the truck rides on these. When you're not hauling anything, the truck doesn't touch them and rides like it does now. I have them on mine and like them. I have no problems while hauling a load of wood.

'04 SE- Pro Comp Stage 1 6" lift, 17x9 Moto Metal 951's (black), 315/70r17 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs, Rhino Lined Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares and rockers, Catless Cajun B-Pipes followed by JBA Catback System, 2 Degree Timing advance, Pinch Weld Mod, S & B CAI, Headlight Mod, Fog Light Mod, Blue LED Dash Mod, LED Rears (3rd brake light and Tails), Vertical Billet Grill(4 pc), Polished Aluminum Diamond Plate Floor Mats, Solid Stainless Tail Gate Bib
#8 Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Wyatt
Shift_Newbie

First off, I pull a 7k travel trailer, and a 3500# dump trailer filled to 8k. I used to haul landscape rock in the bed of the Titan, to the tune of almost a ton and a half. Well, that totally shelled the suspension!
So I thought 3500# helper springs would be the best choice, after replacing the shocks and springs. With a heavy load on the rearend-..... keeps the springs compressed most of the time, so....when you go over bumps and dips....the truck would bottom out.
I then had a set of Firestone air bags added to the equation, after consulting with a buddy of mine that has dIfferential shop-BEST CHOICE EVER!! This frickin truck is a hauling monster, I love it!!
The air bags are a must-PERIOD! I can pull my TT.....fill up the cab with gear and passengers.....load the truck bed, and my truck does not squat at all-it's a beautiful thing!
Soooo.....air bags are the way to go.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode