Nissan Titan Forum banner

What to replace after airbag goes off?

6K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  dogman197 
#1 ·
My daughter ran through a ditch in her 2004 Titan 4-door, resulting in the driver's airbag going off and both front seat belts locking down. There was no direct front end collision ( just bottom of front bumper ) or contact to the grill. Just basicaly a good old- fashioned ditch clean-out, bottoming out the front skid plate and bending a control arm when she ran over a metal culvert.

Other than the module reprogrammed and the seat belts rebuilt/replaced, and the airbag replaced, what other things need to be looked at or replaced to have the system work properly and keep it all from going off once I turn on the key? ( Such as front crash sensor etc?-is it a one shot item? ) Thanks for any help. That is one tough truck! :scheibe-big:

#2 ·
Found out that if your front impact sensor behind the grill trips, whether from impact or from off-roading, it will need to be replaced. Your airbag light will never reset or work correctly, it is a one shot sensor-so the dealer says.
You also have to have the seat belts rebuilt/replaced, SRS module under center console reprogramed/replaced, airbags replaced, and the airbag system reset. All work on the air bag system should be done with key off and battery cables disconected. I've seen them go off 30 minutes later when a cop stuck his head in a car to get an insurance card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.