Best performance programmer!!! - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #11 of 24 Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
titan91
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Scottysize... Did you notice any difference in power or throttle response between
The two Or did you think they were bout
The same? Leaving the mpg situation out what tune
Would you rather have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Power output from both tuners is about the same. Were I noticed the difference is passing at speed. The 2 degree advance gives you more power for passing, and Hypertech doesn't offer the 2 degree advance. Of course you can always get the 2 degree advance elsewhere. I miss the 2 degree advance, but it impacted my gas mileage and I'm now all about the mileage.

As for the display, it's so small, it was hard for em to use. I have a Nexus 7 on the dash with the Torque app and bluetooth ODBII dongle. It works great and you can see everything plus more with it.

2012 SV CC Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Cloth 4X4.

Future Mods: One day AirLift Air Bags

post #13 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysize View Post
Power output from both tuners is about the same. Were I noticed the difference is passing at speed. The 2 degree advance gives you more power for passing, and Hypertech doesn't offer the 2 degree advance. Of course you can always get the 2 degree advance elsewhere. I miss the 2 degree advance, but it impacted my gas mileage and I'm now all about the mileage.

As for the display, it's so small, it was hard for em to use. I have a Nexus 7 on the dash with the Torque app and bluetooth ODBII dongle. It works great and you can see everything plus more with it.
with you on the torque app. I'm inches from buying a nexus 7 myself. my archos 10 is hot garbage.....

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
post #14 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdukedh View Post
with you on the torque app. I'm inches from buying a nexus 7 myself. my archos 10 is hot garbage.....
Don't think about it, just do it:

The mount is an iKross Dashmount that sticks to several different surface's. It's hard to find though. Amazon's out. I haven't tried the iKross website, so they might have one.

You'll also need one of these
Amazon Amazon
quick chargers. It works great for charging the Nexus.

I haven't hid all my wires yet. That's my next project. Some guys are replacing their factory radio with the Nexus 7 and a standard radio mounted in behind the Nexus 7. It's a good idea, just not the level I want to go.

post #15 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

this is the mount i have. with my pillar gauge up, i don't need anything else in the windshield. just need to get that nexus.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
post #16 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 AM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie

Does this replace the need for a BDGT, or is it just an app to monitor guages?
post #17 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylor03 View Post
It's just an app to monitor gauges. It does give you more info than the guage cluster does though.

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's mid perch, sway bar removed, 5125's, DK shackles, Brake motive brakes, headlight mod w/ JB switcbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit
post #18 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylor03 View Post
Just a monitor, but there's a ton of more options and items to watch. You can spend days just setting up the gauges the way you want them. You still have to tune the truck for performance. If you have a BDGT, the tune stays with the truck, even when you unplug it, so you don't have to leave it connected. If you have a Hypertech, or Superchips, the tablet and Torque Pro along with a bluetooth dongle gives you the displays.

Wow. I typed a lot to say, nope. Just a monitor.

post #19 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysize View Post
Just a monitor, but there's a ton of more options and items to watch. You can spend days just setting up the gauges the way you want them. You still have to tune the truck for performance. If you have a BDGT, the tune stays with the truck, even when you unplug it, so you don't have to leave it connected. If you have a Hypertech, or Superchips, the tablet and Torque Pro along with a bluetooth dongle gives you the displays.

Wow. I typed a lot to say, nope. Just a monitor.

Haha, thanks for the info. I'm just a newb when it comes to all these mods, so I ask stupid questions... Thanks for the info.
post #20 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie

Thanks for the responses, you guys are so freakin knowledgeable. I love this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode