Best performance programmer!!! - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 Old 01-08-2013, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
titan91
Shift_lurker
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Scottysize... Did you notice any difference in power or throttle response between
The two Or did you think they were bout
The same? Leaving the mpg situation out what tune
Would you rather have?
titan91 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast
 
Scottysize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sanger, TX
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Power output from both tuners is about the same. Were I noticed the difference is passing at speed. The 2 degree advance gives you more power for passing, and Hypertech doesn't offer the 2 degree advance. Of course you can always get the 2 degree advance elsewhere. I miss the 2 degree advance, but it impacted my gas mileage and I'm now all about the mileage.

As for the display, it's so small, it was hard for em to use. I have a Nexus 7 on the dash with the Torque app and bluetooth ODBII dongle. It works great and you can see everything plus more with it.

2012 SV CC Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Cloth 4X4.


Future Mods: One day AirLift Air Bags



Scottysize is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore
 
sirdukedh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysize View Post
Power output from both tuners is about the same. Were I noticed the difference is passing at speed. The 2 degree advance gives you more power for passing, and Hypertech doesn't offer the 2 degree advance. Of course you can always get the 2 degree advance elsewhere. I miss the 2 degree advance, but it impacted my gas mileage and I'm now all about the mileage.

As for the display, it's so small, it was hard for em to use. I have a Nexus 7 on the dash with the Torque app and bluetooth ODBII dongle. It works great and you can see everything plus more with it.
with you on the torque app. I'm inches from buying a nexus 7 myself. my archos 10 is hot garbage.....




04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
sirdukedh is online now  
post #14 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 AM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast
 
Scottysize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sanger, TX
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdukedh View Post
with you on the torque app. I'm inches from buying a nexus 7 myself. my archos 10 is hot garbage.....
Don't think about it, just do it:



The mount is an iKross Dashmount that sticks to several different surface's. It's hard to find though. Amazon's out. I haven't tried the iKross website, so they might have one.

You'll also need one of these
Amazon Amazon
quick chargers. It works great for charging the Nexus.

I haven't hid all my wires yet. That's my next project. Some guys are replacing their factory radio with the Nexus 7 and a standard radio mounted in behind the Nexus 7. It's a good idea, just not the level I want to go.

2012 SV CC Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Cloth 4X4.


Future Mods: One day AirLift Air Bags



Scottysize is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 AM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore
 
sirdukedh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 1,036
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


this is the mount i have. with my pillar gauge up, i don't need anything else in the windshield. just need to get that nexus.




04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
sirdukedh is online now  
post #16 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 AM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie
 
ztaylor03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does this replace the need for a BDGT, or is it just an app to monitor guages?
ztaylor03 is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast
 
Misfit482's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: milwaukee area
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylor03 View Post
Does this replace the need for a BDGT, or is it just an app to monitor guages?
It's just an app to monitor gauges. It does give you more info than the guage cluster does though.

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's mid perch, sway bar removed, 5125's, DK shackles, Brake motive brakes, headlight mod w/ JB switcbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit
Misfit482 is offline  
post #18 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Scottysize
Shift_Enthusiast
 
Scottysize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sanger, TX
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaylor03 View Post
Does this replace the need for a BDGT, or is it just an app to monitor guages?
Just a monitor, but there's a ton of more options and items to watch. You can spend days just setting up the gauges the way you want them. You still have to tune the truck for performance. If you have a BDGT, the tune stays with the truck, even when you unplug it, so you don't have to leave it connected. If you have a Hypertech, or Superchips, the tablet and Torque Pro along with a bluetooth dongle gives you the displays.

Wow. I typed a lot to say, nope. Just a monitor.

2012 SV CC Brilliant Silver/Charcoal Cloth 4X4.


Future Mods: One day AirLift Air Bags



Scottysize is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie
 
ztaylor03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottysize View Post
Just a monitor, but there's a ton of more options and items to watch. You can spend days just setting up the gauges the way you want them. You still have to tune the truck for performance. If you have a BDGT, the tune stays with the truck, even when you unplug it, so you don't have to leave it connected. If you have a Hypertech, or Superchips, the tablet and Torque Pro along with a bluetooth dongle gives you the displays.

Wow. I typed a lot to say, nope. Just a monitor.

Haha, thanks for the info. I'm just a newb when it comes to all these mods, so I ask stupid questions... Thanks for the info.
ztaylor03 is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM
ztaylor03
Shift_Newbie
 
ztaylor03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the responses, you guys are so freakin knowledgeable. I love this forum.
ztaylor03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what programmer is for me? quicksilver4x4 Performance Mods 12 12-04-2011 07:00 PM
which programmer? A1C Shaw General Discussion 4 01-26-2010 12:29 AM
Performance Programmer Paul Bunyan General Discussion 8 04-21-2009 10:47 AM
programmer? WhiteWaterJim Performance Mods 20 10-28-2006 09:08 PM
Programmer primetime Performance Mods 0 07-18-2006 02:18 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off