clank noise - Page 3 - Nissan Titan Forum
User Tag List

#21 Old 01-14-2013, 05:39 PM
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there anyway i could check those. it really does sound like its coming from the back not the front though.

2008 4x4 Big Tow LE Silver
Airraid CAI/ Throttle Body Spacer Super Chips Cortex Dual Glasspacks Dumped Out Gutted Secondary Cats Traction Bars
6 Inch Fabtech lift with Pro Runner Shocks 20 Inch Helo Rims Billet Grill All Emblems Removed N-Fab front bumper Cree LED Lights 5K H.I.D.s
Kenwood 6190 HD Kicker KS Speakers Kicker 1200.1 KX Two Kicker Cvr 10's In A Sealed Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

i replaced the u joints and still have the clank noise. it seems to only happen when you hit the gas let off the gas or shift from drive to reverse. i also replaced my shocks to day and now it doesn't seem to do it as often but is still there. could a wheel bearing be making the noise when my truck is parked and you push a rear wheel back in forth you can feel a click in the axle.

Airraid CAI/ Throttle Body Spacer Super Chips Cortex Dual Glasspacks Dumped Out Gutted Secondary Cats Traction Bars
6 Inch Fabtech lift with Pro Runner Shocks 20 Inch Helo Rims Billet Grill All Emblems Removed N-Fab front bumper Cree LED Lights 5K H.I.D.s
Kenwood 6190 HD Kicker KS Speakers Kicker 1200.1 KX Two Kicker Cvr 10's In A Sealed Box
#23 Old 10-19-2013, 03:07 AM
silver_flash
Shift_lurker

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by silver_flash; 10-19-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: replied to the wrong post
#24 Old 10-20-2013, 02:19 AM
Shogunles
Shift_Newbie

Most often you cannot see a tear in the tranny or engine mounts simply by looking at it because there is too much weight compressing the rubber part of the mount. Unless it is really torn bad and/or it shifted some. You need to take the weight off of the mounts to properly inspect them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Titan SV Crew Cab

Navy Blue

Airaid MXP Intake
Bully Dog GT
Big Tow
Advent Advuv630 2 DIN Nav/CD/DVD/Backup Camera (Dealer installed not my choice)
Viper Remote Start and Security System
Myron And Davis Headrest Monitors
ARE Tonneau Cover
Front Windows Tinted to Match Factory Rear Tint
Mag Hytec Rear Differential Cover
PML Deep Tranny Pan
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs

Future Mods:
Gibson Sport Exhaust
Bilstein 5100's
Curt Front Mount Hitch Receiver
[
#25 Old 10-20-2013, 12:02 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Have you checked the leaf spring shackles? They have been known to break. But you normally notice it because A) the leaf spring comes through the bed or B) the truck leans badly.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#26 Old 10-20-2013, 11:51 PM
dhill
Shift_Enthusiast

no i havent checked that but i dont lean or have a spring through my bed haha. i just kinda learned to not care about it anymore because when whatever is making that noise fails then i will know what to fix

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode