User Tag List

#1 Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
AJ
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking Ball joint replacement or new uca's

I just changed to 5100's went for a test drive. I looked over the suspension after and saw grease leaking from my left upper ball joint. Wouldn't it be easier to buy uca's with ball joints installed or get a ball joint press and replace them? Rock auto has some professional grade uca's for 75.00 each. I can't afford 600.00 for prgs. Is there another uca's cheaper and better quality out there? I do not do any super offloading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Misfit482
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Don't know much about replacing stock ball joints. I do know that you can pick up a set of UCA's from Dirt King for $575. Not much cheaper than PRG, but if you go this route just thought I'd give you a heads up that PRG has been experiencing shipping/customer service issues lately. The UCA's aren't bad to replace. The driver side is a bit tougher due to the brakes lines being in the way.

'07 CC 4X4 banks ram air w/ tb screen removed, banks monster exhaust, prg minilift, PRG UCA's, 5100's all around, sway bar removed, DK shackles, Brake motive brakes, headlight mod w/ JB switcbacks, Legit 55w 6000 hid's (lows and highs), modded tail lights, street scene grille shell, xd diesel 20x10 w/ terra grapplers, pinch weld mod, axle vent mod, BW pocket flares, PD'd stuff, BL step rails, SM designs bezel kit
#3 Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Kronos1965
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
New Ball Joints or UCA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit482 View Post
Don't know much about replacing stock ball joints. I do know that you can pick up a set of UCA's from Dirt King for $575. Not much cheaper than PRG, but if you go this route just thought I'd give you a heads up that PRG has been experiencing shipping/customer service issues lately. The UCA's aren't bad to replace. The driver side is a bit tougher due to the brakes lines being in the way.
Agree with you that PRG is a good supplier but bad business.

Get Moog's if you replace your ball joint.

Raleigh, NC

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode