#21 Old 05-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Pops
Shift_Hardcore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SC]Titan
.....if you haven't already, you really should take your titan out and see what it can do offroad...everyone (that doesnt own one) is always really suprised how well it does offroad
Third for that!!! If you have VDC, turn it off and it'll do better. Also, you may wanna stay a little shy from water covered mud until you get a better feel for the truck's weight.

2005 Armada LE 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 05-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Canadian Miner
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganW
Baja Claws aren't too quiet on the highway, but I think they do pretty dang good in sand and mud. My Black Ford on 46" Claws would root all over my buddy clem's green F250 on 44" TSLs in the nasty black mud. The difference in tire size didn't matter too much in the mud we were going through, a Chevy on 42" Bogger's was going through most of the same holes I was making it through. One of the 4wd magazines did a tire writeup a few years back right before they started producing the 46"s, and said they ranked second only to Bogger's in the mud, and I don't know of any street legal tires that are more agressive than Bogger's. Plus, they've always cleaned out great, even in nasty mud, so they seem to be pretty good tires to me.
Having discussed mud tires on a couple occasions on here with you I'm inclined to believe you over the others I have talked to. It may be the wear and their behaviour in clay (most common base here) that swayed the opinions around here.

2005 SE Crew Off-Road Big Tow High Utility
KC Lights, Nissan Brush Guard, PRG Performance Lift, SAWs, Deaver Packs, 35" Duratracs, 34" AT KOs, Backup Light, Stillen Rad, AT Grounding Kit, MXP Intake, JBA Titanium Ceramic Long Tubes, Cajun Cat'd 2.5" B Pipes, 08 Pipes, Borla Swap, UpRev Tuned, Timbren SES, RC Traction Bars
#23 Old 05-07-2008, 12:28 AM
MeganW
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Miner
Having discussed mud tires on a couple occasions on here with you I'm inclined to believe you over the others I have talked to. It may be the wear and their behaviour in clay (most common base here) that swayed the opinions around here.
Oh yeah, unless you get the radial's they don't wear very well. And to be honest I'm not sure how they do in clay mud, they could completely suck, so it could just be the difference in terrain.
#24 Old 05-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Pops
Shift_Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Miner
That girl knows tires!!! Most all of her posts are from experience rather than hearsay too which helps a ton. The only real variables I can see would be the type of mud (mainly clay) being driven through but even so, her information is still very close to being dead on everytime. We have mostly clay here too and I notice that width helps more than tread for the thick stuff. It seems like unless it's a fairly thin layer of clay, the clay gums up in and on top of the treads so the tread surface becomes smooth anyway so having more surface area does help quite a bit. The more agressive treads do help when getting up into thinner clayed areas though because they allow the clay to spinoff easier.
#25 Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 PM
hovenator
Shift_Fanatic

Looks killer dude!

2004 CC 4x4 SE Smoke, K&N CAI, Volant SS exhaust, 4" PRG performance lift, Delta truck box, bedlined 17" OR rims with 295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Debadged, Weather Tech floor liners.
#26 Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM
WhiteDuke
Shift_lurker

How are they holding up??

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode