04offroadtitan
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychlone View Post
Thanks for the input guys.

@04offroadtitan: Thank you. I actually NEEDED to hear that.
I loved my Hankook Dynapro MTs, but always thought they didn't look as aggressive as some of my buddies Nittos and such...
It wasn't until after I downgraded to the Kumho RoadVenture MT that I found out that the Hankook MTs were as good as they actually are.

As for the mileage, it was PURELY my fault. In my defense, I had just purchased my '07 CC SE and did the Volant CAI, exhaust, TBS coolant bypass, helix TBS spacer and UpRev Osiris, and I was just happy as could be that I could burn those 35's most all the way through first and part way through second. TOTALLY my fault. Hell, I still do that once in a while at a dead stop, just to put the SRT10 guys in their place!

Anyway, I think I'll end up with the Hankook MTs again. Apparently DTD can't mail order Toyo tires, so my only choice would be to travel roughly 60 miles to the nearest DT retail store to try to get them to order them... seems cheaper AND easier to just go for the Hankook DynaPro Mt

Psychlone
Ya the hankooks are beasts in the snow. I plan on trying the nittos trail grapplers out when I need tires as the hankooks don't offer the size ill be able to run. Which is a total.bummer. unless I can figure out a way to get them to fit. So far those have been my favorite tire. And ya they don't look as aggressive as some But I bet they outperform most or at least hang in there with them.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

New ride: 2010 Crew Cab Pro-4x; Volant Powercore intake; Magnaflow muffler swap
Coming Soon PRg leveling kit
Old Ride:2004 King Cab LE with Off-Road and Big Tow
PRG Leveling Kit, JBA Cat-Back Exhaust w/ SLP Loudmouth muffler,New Volant Powercore Intake,2 degree advance,Axle Vent Mod, Stillen Differential Cover w/M1 75w-140
Other rides: 2008 Armada SE; All stock and will probably stay that way since it is the wifes. We'll see.
2004 Dodge 1500; Wifes first truck so we kust kept it. All stock.
1972 Ford F100 Ranger XLT; 360 with cam, headers, edelbrock 600, Edelbrock Al. Intake, straight pipe dumped below cab. Its loud. (thinking about possioble VK56 swap in the future when done with school)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 Old 12-13-2012, 01:50 AM
goodkill
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have Cooper STTs and they are amazing in snow,sand,mud,rainy roads.they are less than toyos and they last just as long, i had Toyos b4 these and the Coopers seem to perform better as of now..im at 14K on they and tread is over 90% and i beat the crap out of them. they have a tough looking tread pattern too.

totaled by an illegal with no insurance God i hate California
next up NBS chevy prerunner build
post #13 of 20 Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
wags84
Shift_Newbie

well i just put on a set of hankook mts on my 2010 . they seem to ride pretty good for a mt but u can diff tell there mudders road noise yep u can hear it with windows up and i have straight pipes and u can hear them over them . over all i give them about a 6 out of 10 wish i would of went with something diff but stuck with them now .
post #14 of 20 Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
dogstar
Shift_Enthusiast

Not to hijack this thread but has anyone tried the new Toyo A/T2 tires?
post #15 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Psychlone
Shift_Enthusiast

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I'm leaning back to the Hankook Dynapro MTs.
I had them before and they really are a GREAT tire. It's true that they're loud - especially after the first 5,000 miles, but I can deal with road noise... it's just a penalty that I've been willing to deal with since I started driving 25 years ago.

Honestly though, the main reason I'm going for the Hankooks is because no one has been able to persuade me to believe the Toyo OpenCountry MT is going to last as long.
I've read and read everything I can find on them, from Dodge and Ford forums, to off roading forums to just general chat about tires, and nothing I've read goes further than guys saying they like them... no "Killer tire, excellent grip and 30,000 miles!" came out of anyone's mouth.

Anyway, looks like I'll be going with the Hankook again. I already know they're a great tire. I thought I'd give something else a try. I tried Kumho and won't do that again, so I figured OpenCountry MT's can't be as bad, but I simply can't find an honest "they lasted me xx,xxx miles" anywhere.

Psychlone

Psychlone's CarDomain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2572508]
post #16 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
wags84
Shift_Newbie

i have the 315 65 18s Hankook Dynapro MTs on my fatory se and just love them they rub just a little but nothing a lift wont help but theres a little road noise but if your like me i always have music on and have pipes on it to so dont really bother me at all . now what i love is i used it the other day to pull out a jacked up full size dodge ram that was stuck to the frame and i jerked him out like a cake walk there one bad set of tires ill keep running them
post #17 of 20 Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

I've had my Nitto terras for about 2 yrs. now. don't know the miles on them, but its at least 35k. i'm just starting to have problems with grip because i didn't rotate them like a idiot. but they still handled the 6" of snow we got recently with ease. of course that was in 4wd. but i did not slide, turned when i needed to and stayed on the road. I'm pretty hard on the truck so that's why i'm low on tread in the rear. but i've been nothing but happy with these tires. they lasted longer than i thought they would considering how lead foot i am. my fronts look new, gotta just replace my rears.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
post #18 of 20 Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 AM
nmbronewinner
Shift_Fanatic

I love my Toyo MTs. Im on my 2nd set. First set got me 60K miles. Great in the snow/mud and pretty good for an MT on pavement.

2005 CC LE Smoke, SE 5 Spoke Smoke Rims,TOYO MT 35X12.5X18 tires, Sway-A-Way Extended Travel Coilovers, Bilstien 5100s in the back, Sway bar end links from PRG, Pro Comp Stage 1 lift, Pro Comp Offroad Traction Bars, Century hard deck cover, Smoke Euro Alteeza Tails, Chrome Bib Cover, Super 44 single in dual out Flowmaster, S&B Intake, CSF Radiator, Bully Dog GT Tuner, Westin Bull Bar, 2 8in HELLA lights, Lund bug gaurd up front and rain gaurds all around, tint all around, Billet Slat Grill, Custom 1/4in T6 Al skid plate
post #19 of 20 Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Jokel
Shift_lurker

I'm also on my second set of Toyo M/T's. I burned thru my first set in 25K miles because my dumb a** was too busy to get a new alignment after installing the winch and bumper ...expensive mistake, lesson learned. I've got about 22K on my second set and they still have more than 50% tread left. No problems in mud, not many problems in the recent ice/snow here. Just have to be easy on the skinny pedal!

'05 4X4 CC, Big Tow, OR, RF sound w/JL subs, OEM DVD, K&N Intake w/AEM Filter, Optima Yellow top, Flowmaster Duals, Bully Dog GT, Fitch fuel system, Road Armor front bumper w/12K lb. Warn winch & 6 PIAA lights, 6in Pro Comp lift w/Radflo/King Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, Deaver 2.5 add-a-leaves w/3in blocks & Bilstein shocks, PRG OR Traction Bars, custom welded Rock Sliders. APRIL '12 TOTM WINNER!! NOVEMBER '12 PETERSEN'S 4WHEEL & OFF-ROAD READERS RIG!
post #20 of 20 Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Psychlone
Shift_Enthusiast

Thanks guys -
I ended up getting the Hankook DynaPro MTs since they're already tried and true on this very truck.

But, I'm DEFINITELY giving the OpenCountry MT's a shot when these are gone. I talked in depth to the guys that were installing the Hankooks today, and they said they have 3 guys that have gotten over 50K out of them.

Anyway, thanks again for the help here.
I've posted a new thread in this same subforum looking for help on center caps for these new wheels.
If you guys have any input on that, please chime in!

Here's the thread in question: http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/show...083#post787083

Thanks again!
Psychlone

Psychlone's CarDomain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2572508]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode