#41 Old 12-17-2008, 02:33 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoTITAN View Post
Balanced? I'm confused. Why would this part need balanced? Also, how am I going to dyno test the 4wd to see if it is going to break or not? I guess I could hook the truck up to a tree or something of that nature and pull backwards until it breaks. That will be fun!
Yes, I was just kidding. WRP produced crankshaft pulleys that probably weren't balanced, were dyno tested under questionable circumstances and really didn't fulfill the purpose that the OEM pulley did.

I don't mean to crap on your idea with my sarcasm. After a number of Titan owners got burned pretty bad by WRP I'm a bit cynical. A stronger front differential is a good idea.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 Old 12-17-2008, 03:57 PM
WyoTITAN
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
Yes, I was just kidding. WRP produced crankshaft pulleys that probably weren't balanced, were dyno tested under questionable circumstances and really didn't fulfill the purpose that the OEM pulley did.

I don't mean to crap on your idea with my sarcasm. After a number of Titan owners got burned pretty bad by WRP I'm a bit cynical. A stronger front differential is a good idea.
I didn't really follow the pulley threads that much...not a big deal to me. My idea is that if it isn't broke, don't fix it; and the engine runs fine...thus the reason I say away from the extreme performance modification threads (I might get ideas...lol).

The good news is that there are other companies that make replacement u-joints for the Titan. I called down to my local Advanced Autoparts store and they had 3 of the premium u-joints on the shelf. So I spent my evening under my truck and the 4wd is not operational again. Although, I am now a little headshy about doing anything with the truck in 4wd (we just got 4" of snow here in KC yesterday). Sucks.

“Powder River, Let ‘er Buck”

6" Pro Comp Stage 1, Radflo 2.5 Coils, Modified Reservoir Brackets, 3" Deaver Mini Pack, Bilstien Rear Shocks, 3" Pro Comp Aluminum Block, Buckstop Bumper, Modified Factory Skid Plate, 150 Watt KC Hilites, AmSoil Air Filter, Retrax Tonneau Cover, Northern Tool Toolbox, 35" Dick Cepek Mud Country, 17X9 Dick Cepek Black DC-1, Color Matched Bush Wacker Fender Flares, 2* Timing Advance, Factory Installed(Hood Guard, Step Rails, Under Seat Storage Box), Pinch Weld Mod, Jack/Shovel/Axe Mount, Acetal LCA Spacers, BD Tuned, JBA Exhaust, Airlift Air Bags, Power Slot Brake Rotors and Pads, car seat
#43 Old 12-17-2008, 06:58 PM
mcm4090
Shift_Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoTITAN View Post
). I will be shopping around for a machine shop that can make me some new clips out of a high carbon steel, and I will probably look at getting a company like High Angle Driveline to make me a stronger unit. First I'm going to try this: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...rsview=sku&Ns=
I like the idea of upgrading.

2005 Nismo CC 2.5" SL, 3" BL, 285/75R16 BFG KO, Shrockworks sliders and skids
Nissan Offroad Association of the Southeast
#44 Old 12-17-2008, 07:15 PM
MDJamesD
Shift_Fanatic

The only problem I see with upgrading the u-joints, is a u-joint breaking sucks, but only takes 45 min tops to change. If the u-joint doesn't break, then you'd probably twist the driveshaft! That takes weeks to fix, not 45 min.
#45 Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM
SSUPERTITAN
Shift_Enthusiast

Yep Looks Like Pulling Backards Did It In, Hope Nissan Engineers See This Video And Redesign With Thicker Dana Axles

SUPERTITAN
#46 Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
TITAN57
Shift_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUPERTITAN View Post
................ Hope Nissan Engineers See This Video And Redesign With Thicker Dana Axles
I doubt there will be any changes..........remember the
Nissan Titan is close to the end of its life.

2004 4x2 SE Crew Cab Big Tow
#47 Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM
LouieIV
Shift_Newbie

I had my front diff replaced just a week ago.

The Service manager at the dealership did a little digging and told me that the part number for the front diff has changed ( I'm not sure when) and as far as he knows they haven't seen any of the new ones back yet. He said that the ring would hit the case and push the axle out and that apparently they've done some modifications to the design so this doesn't happen. Time will tell if this make the problem any better.

-LouieIV :cheers:

2005 Red Alert Titan CrewCab w/OffRoad pkg
LEER 100R Shell
Wet Okole Seat Covers
#48 Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 AM
54warrior
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to 54warrior
Nissan Titan Drivetrain = questionable at best. Good Motor/Tranny, but the rest is junk IMO.

2005 Nissan Titan CC SE 4x4
6" Stage 1 Procomp Lift, SAW Coilovers-Front, Bilstein 5125 Series Shocks-Rear, Total Chaos Shackles, Custom Skid Plates
35x12.50-18 Kumho Road Venture M/T, 18x9" KMC Addict's, PRG Billet Drive Shaft Spacer, PRG Street Traction Bars, Hella 500 Series Driving Lights
#49 Old 02-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Simon lacaille
Shift_Newbie

I know, Old thread revival batman. No need for a new thread on a long going issue.

Any update on this? I'm getting there. Other than getting a junkyard unit and rebuilding it, with stock part, ugh.

Mecanical god don't curse me but my 7m supra seem to be more trouble free. (soon to be run on holly water and red coolant)
#50 Old 01-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Huntman987
Shift_lurker

Angry help.. broke front diff on 05

i actually pulled a truck out in reverse no problem. but two nights ago the same truck just lifted on 35s now, i try to pull out in drive NOT reverse as ive done before to the same truck, my front diff grenaded..

anybody know a good place near jacksonville fl to get a fairly cheap new diff or used? thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode