User Tag List

#1 Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
tsunami
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Titan stolen

Yes on Fryday morning mt 06 Nissan titan had disappeared from my driveway. Called police never thought I'd see the truck again. Well Sunday morning Maryland state police called they had my truck. ( I live in Pa) going to retrieve truck Monday at 9:00 am. That being said here is a question. I now would like to locate a wire that I could installe a switch on and hide in cab say under dash. That would not allow truck to start without knowing it was there. Meaning open a circuit that is normally closed. If any one can offer any advise please please fire away.
Note I'm told by police the truck looks ok. I could not go down Sunday since truck was towed and impounded, so Monday is the best I can do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 PM
ctTitanboy860
Shift_lurker

wait these things can be stolen i know its not bullet proof but someone drove your truck outta your drive way
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
Yes on Fryday morning mt 06 Nissan titan had disappeared from my driveway. Called police never thought I'd see the truck again. Well Sunday morning Maryland state police called they had my truck. ( I live in Pa) going to retrieve truck Monday at 9:00 am. That being said here is a question. I now would like to locate a wire that I could installe a switch on and hide in cab say under dash. That would not allow truck to start without knowing it was there. Meaning open a circuit that is normally closed. If any one can offer any advise please please fire away.
Note I'm told by police the truck looks ok. I could not go down Sunday since truck was towed and impounded, so Monday is the best I can do.
#3 Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 PM
sirdukedh
Shift_Hardcore

I know XE's are exposed like that. they don't come with key chips. uprev is a good killswitch for that. with the anti theft set. you can't go over 1k rpms. lol.

04 XE. Motto Metal 909's 18's,Airaid MXP CAI , JBA headers, Custom CAJUN B-pipes, Borla XR-1, Leaf spring helper mod, green LED lights in grill, fog lights, engine bay, Halos, etc...Ferreus Custom Skull grill, 35% Tint, Trifecta tonneau cover, Eye Lid mod, Airaid TSB, Screen delete mod, Axle Vent mod, UPREV Tune
#4 Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 PM
tsunamilogan05
Shift_lurker

Re: Titan stolen

I believe you can even have uprev set a map where it won't allow you to start the truck. Also look into the burn out mod, which will be the cheapest thing you can do. Just make sure the burnout mod you do is cutting behind the brake pedal. Then find a place to hide the wire and switch.

With the burnout mod behind the brake; when your truck is off and the switch engaged your truck will not shift into gear. Just another option for you. Good luck man.

Go Fast Mods: JBA Shorties; Uprev; True Dual Borla XR1's with Jones Bullet Resonators; 4" MXP; TB Bypass; TB Screen Delete; LS7 TB w/ FT90
1/4mile time- 14.303@95 IF I ONLY HAD TRACTION....BEST 0-60=5.73
Turn Heads: 18x9" Rockstars w/ Nitto Terra's; SPEC-D CCFL Halo Projectors; T-Rex Billet Upper; JB's full interior blue leds; Plastidipped decals

:eveilgrin :eveilgrin
#5 Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
+1 to doing the burnout mod. They'll never get it out of park I believe. Cheap insurance.

I have Uprev with a valet map. It won't go over a ridiculously small RPM and MPH level. Basically it hits the rev limiter just by starting it up.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»
Club Titan Rosetta Stone
Jim
#6 Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
tsunami
Shift_lurker

Titan stolen

Update, truck has been found. Thanks to the federal and Maryland state police.damage inside and out. Truck is in shop and insurance working things out at this point.
Ill be installing a hidden cut off switch in all my cars and a boat ASAP. Thought this would never happen but it does.
Everyone please do something if its an alarm or simply a cut off switch you do yourself. The hours spent on this, over the past week are nuts. But all is working itself out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#7 Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Dustin103
Shift_Enthusiast

Sorry to hear you had to go through this. I had this put on my truck to avoid any issues like this - www.ravelco.com There are dealers located all over the US, it's about $500 but they can come directly to your home and install it in about an hour or so. For me and my situation it was perfect.

08 Titan, Stillen intake, Airraid TB Spacer, Magnaflow Exhaust, 2.5" leveling Kit, 33x12.5x18 General Grabbers, LEDs everywhere, Superchips Cortex, Herculiner, Jason Burtman Mega LED 3rd Brake light, Custom front and back bumpers from KR Fabrication, Royalty Core RC1 grill

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode