User Tag List

#1 Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Tboles
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone tried 5000# super spring helper springs

I'm hauling a golf cart in the back of the truck and pulling a 6000# travel trailer. I pull it to panama city beach each year, the golf cart in the bed makes the truck squat more than i like. Wondering if these spring helpers would help me out on the squating issue? If anyone has any knowledge of these, any info would be greatly appreciated! The titan pulls this rig awesome, if the back end would not squat so bad it would be perfect. It pulls both all the way to pcb every year at 70+ mph! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
challenger3x2
Shift_Enthusiast

I have not used helper springs or air bags. I do think air bags are the way to go.

Are you using load leveling bar on your trailer and hitch ? If so can the leveling bars be adjusted for extra load.

06 Titan LE,4x4,Steel Leather,Red Alert,Big Tow,Factory Step Rails,Brush Gaurd,Floor Mat,Bed Extender.. Add On's- In Channel Window Vent,Rear Spoiler mounted on RollBak Retractable bed cover... 2 Deg Timing Mod.. AirRaid TBS... NISMO Cold Air Intake.. BullyDog GT III and FlowMaster cat back dual exhaust.. Drilled/slotted rotors and Evolution pads front and rear.. JBA headers, rear sway bar.
#3 Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Wyatt
Shift_Newbie

I first replaced the shocks.....after hauling around a ton of landscaping rock in the back, several times. Then I put the helper springs on....I thought it helped immensley, until I dropped my 8k TT on the tongue. It held great, until when pulling I would hit dips at highway speeds.....the springs would compress and actually put more stress on the drive shaft bearings. So then....I put the Firestone air bags on-WOW!!!
The bags absolutely rock! I can pull and load up the bed to the max and that truck will not squat at all! Definitely best investment-period! Left the springs on......O ....WTF. Bag it! You'll love it.
#4 Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Canadian Miner
Shift_Hardcore

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Timbren's were an inexpensive, easily installed and effective solution.

2005 SE Crew Off-Road Big Tow High Utility
KC Lights, Nissan Brush Guard, PRG Performance Lift, SAWs, Deaver Packs, 35" Duratracs, 34" AT KOs, Backup Light, Stillen Rad, AT Grounding Kit, MXP Intake, JBA Titanium Ceramic Long Tubes, Cajun Cat'd 2.5" B Pipes, 08 Pipes, Borla Swap, UpRev Tuned, Timbren SES, RC Traction Bars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode