post #21 of 23 Old 10-30-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Vadelli803
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigon View Post
That's actually the kit that I bought from Greg. It's awesome!

And fitment-wise, if i have different wheels on my truck, it might fit better than it is right now. As for offroading, i think you'll be okay if it's nothing too major. But then again, I haven't really test out my truck yet. I might set the truck on some wheels when I do my oil change to see what kind of clearance I have. I'll post some pics when I get that done. Performance, it's another story. Without the ability to get different gears, it'll loose some pickup, but I can still shred rubber without any major performance mod. Although, supercharger is in the plan for the future.
Thanks for the link POPS! I can't wait to save up enough to buy it. Just had a baby girl so nows she's top priority. Know anyone lookin to buy a newborn? HAHA JK.

I'm planning on getting the TruTrac, now would new gears work with it? A supercharger would be sick! I wonder what kinda power it'd put out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 10-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Taigon
Shift_Newbie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't look into trutrac much. But trying to get rings and pinion for our M226 rear end is kinda hard. I actually thought about doing a soild axle up front and replace the rear so I can get more gearing options and actually go up maybe another 2-3 ft and slap some 40" on the truck. But, to do that, I would have to sell the house and live out of my truck. I don't think my wife would like that much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 23 Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
nmbronewinner
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In all reality, I would love to have the 37" tires but the extra two inches is just not worth it

-Less mpg......1-2mpg less minimum
-less performance
-More expensive
-will rub in high angle positions (unless doing the pinch weld mod)
-35" tires move this truck plenty good enough though mud or whatever you decided to drop into

For me......the cost outweigh the benefit. If I had the money to do absolutely everything I wanted I would definitely go with the 37" but, the dollar signs add up quick.

If you plan on consistently going offroad, a TruTrac is a must. I dont have one yet but, that is definitely on my list of mods.

2005 CC LE Smoke, SE 5 Spoke Smoke Rims,TOYO MT 35X12.5X18 tires, Sway-A-Way Extended Travel Coilovers, Bilstien 5100s in the back, Sway bar end links from PRG, Pro Comp Stage 1 lift, Pro Comp Offroad Traction Bars, Century hard deck cover, Smoke Euro Alteeza Tails, Chrome Bib Cover, Super 44 single in dual out Flowmaster, S&B Intake, CSF Radiator, Bully Dog GT Tuner, Westin Bull Bar, 2 8in HELLA lights, Lund bug gaurd up front and rain gaurds all around, tint all around, Billet Slat Grill, Custom 1/4in T6 Al skid plate

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode