Nissan Titan Forum banner

Fuel Problems

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sirdukedh 
#1 ·
I recently purchased my 2004 Nissan Titan and just noticed an issue with my fuel gauge. According to Nissan, the Titan has a 28 gallon gas tank. Today I went to fuel because I had a 1/4 tank but was only able to fill up with 15 Gallons.

The truck has custom rims 305/45 22". Does the computer need to be re-calibrated?

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
It is a design fault of Nissan. I have had mine replaced 3 times and it goes out repeatedly. Happens with all titan at some point. Just keep track of mileage and not the gauge. 05 and newer have a recall though they still go out and you get to a point you won't replace it.

#5 ·
My 2008 Titan had recall about a year ago and its is doing it again lately.It is on half but I think it is almost empty.It's been doing it again for about 2 weeks now.Still under warranty so no charge to get it fixed.Ill bring it to the dealer next week.:scheibe-big:

Attachments

#7 ·
I burn 1 gallon and it reads 3/4 full. half tank really burns 10 gallons. i use my millage.

#8 ·
Stalling, exhaust fumes, and running out of gas

2005 Armada has run out of gas with the guage showing half full. It also has stalled a couple of times after a hesistant start. Now how do I put this..I've also noticed the exhaust fumes have been very noticable to the smell, more than usual. Any ideas? Fuel filter or the fuel pump or both?

#9 ·
sounds like a bad fuel sensor which is in the pump, IPDM, and cracked manifolds.....in that order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.