Nissan Titan Forum banner

New Airaid MXP

11K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  jerry helton 
#1 ·
Installed my new Airaid MXP intake this evening. Man its huge compared to stock. Cant wait to see the performance difference.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Nope, you get more power and torque, but no improvement in MPG

#17 ·
Your case?

Well, I ordered mine with the SynthaMax style filter. Just waiting now. Spoke with some who get better mileage and saw many reviews where people are getting an extra 1-2 MPG. I drive easy 95% of the time. Thanks for all your input and take care.

-GT

#12 ·
Great intake. MPG... dunno as I did too many mods at the same time. I can say my best mileage was with the MXP, over 220,000km on the truck and ~6500lbs loaded weight.

Make sure to check the clamps in the winter. Found most of mine loose this morning.

#13 ·
Well...

Talking with people that have various trucks with intakes, they all claim that they saw gains, the avg with numbers is +2MPG. Still, hmmm ...weighing the decision. Thanks so much guys. Might wait tip the motor is broken in.

-GT

#15 ·
Well then...

I might just go with the K&N replacement filter instead. I know that I got a little better mileage when I changed that out in the Frontier that I had. Not sure that I want to put money down for an intake already, just got the truck and without an increase in MPG ...not sure how worth it it is. Thanks!

-GT

#18 ·
The MXP came in yesterday afternoon. Threw it on and VOILA! Think it took the EC a bit to get used to it, but yeah. Waiting to see what the gains in MPG will be.

As for the additional power and sound ...It's like putting a lion in a headlock, shaving it's mane, then wearing it.

-GT

#19 ·
Thinking of switching from S&B CIA kit to AIRAID but I live in Ca and my S&B kit is smog legal.?

#20 ·
I just switch from S&B CAI to AIRAID MXP...

S&B a lot louder than AIRAID
When I had the S&B I was getting about 18-19MPG highway and about 15-16mpg city..

After AIRAID install
MPG 16-17 highway and 13-14 city

I also have bully dog triple GT
Regular-fuel
*2 advance timing
Medium throttle setting
Also have throttle body spacer..

But I like the AIRAID better though more quieter..

#23 ·
How much clearance do you have between the Intake tube and the rad? I had to remove my throttle body spacer to install the MXP, however that is with the Stillen/CSF aluminum rad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.