Nissan Titan Forum banner

"PLZ" input on tires with stock rims, thnx!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Durf 
#1 ·
Yes....I "DID" read through every post within the last 10 pages first. ;-)

Here's my question: I need new tires and have the stock Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's, size 265/70/18's ('07 4x4....not the Pro model). In short, they suck on mileage.

What, exactly, is the difference in sizes 275/70/18, 285/65/18 and 285/60/18?? I'm trying to decide what I can do for new tires on the stock rims but it's about as clear as mud to me after reading all of the posts! If I switch from a size 70 to a 65 or 60, does that mean the tire is shorter in height or just wider in tread?

This is what I want: keep height of tire or go a tad higher on stock rims, and possibly wider if possible without having to buy rims. I need a highway tire as I rarely leave the road.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

#2 ·
I should add here that I probably posted this pre-maturely. I've been following the other thread directly above/below this one in which the guy installed Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac LT295/65R18's on his stock rims. Granted, he has the Pro 4x4 truck model whereas I have the standard 4x4 with the big tow package......but it does sit higher than the 2x4 models. I'm hoping I have the clearance for the 295/65R18's without having to do the pinch mod or lift the truck anymore than what it is for now.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Any of those sizes you mentioned will work without the pinchweld mod. Another thing you can do is find the tire types you like, go to thier website, toyo, nitto, cooper, etc and look at the detailed tire specs, it will tell you exactly what they measure the tire to be.

#6 ·
You also might look into the 275/65-18. It is 10 mm wider, about a half inch lower in profile but still very aggressive!! plus this size is primarily all terrain and cross terrain tires. If i still own my Titan when I need new tires this is the size I am going with. I currently have 285/ 60 and I am not exactly satisfied. Gave up alot of turn radius

#7 ·
Thanks for the tip about the 275/65-18. I made a list of several sizes using that sticky with the tire measurements. The largest tire for stock rims is a 325/60-18, but probably not what I'm looking for. Next step down is the 275/70-18 which has a 7.6 sidewall, 16.6 radius, and 33.2 diamter. The stock tires are 265/70-18 which are 7.3 sidewall, 16.3 radius, and 32.6 diameter. Not a "huge" difference overall but should at least be noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.