Nissan Titan Forum banner

Question for those with bull bars with lights

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ronmartin27 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a bull bar and want to add lights to them. Did you have to get the slim lights or will regular lights that are about 4.5 inches deep fit ok? Assuming that most bull bars are about the same dimensions, will anything larger than 6 inch lights fit? I've also seen 6 inch lights that are 9 inches high with the mounting base and wondering if those would fit.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Khoufek said:
i have the westin bull bar with 6" hellas and i have plenty of room for more light, ive actually thought about drilling a middle hole in the bull bar to install a third light, i dont see any problem with larger lights.
Cool. So your Hellas are the regular size and not the slim kinds? I was more worried about how much space there is between the grill and the back of the light. But also good to know that I can add a 3rd light!

#4 ·
yeah there is plenty of space, also the bull bar itself sits like 1 1/2" away from the front bumper where the lights mount at, also there is about 2-2 1/2 inches between the back of my lights and my bumper here are some pics if it helps you understand better.

sorry if i confused you any

also sorry about the previous comment in saying you could fit 9" lights. i had to run out to my truck when making this post to make sure you could. sorry for being misleading

Attachments

#5 ·
Khoufek said:
yeah there is plenty of space, also the bull bar itself sits like 1 1/2" away from the front bumper where the lights mount at, also there is about 2-2 1/2 inches between the back of my lights and my bumper here are some pics if it helps you understand better.

sorry if i confused you any

also sorry about the previous comment in saying you could fit 9" lights. i had to run out to my truck when making this post to make sure you could. sorry for being misleading
Thanks for the info and pics! Just what I need. Which Hellas are those if you don't mind. 500FF?

#6 ·
yep i got the 500 ff. picked them up from walmart for like 40 bucks, but last time i checked the price went up on them. i like the lights themselves. i have them hooked up to a switch so i can control when they are on and off. otherwise i always got the bright lights from the passerbys because the lights would shine right into their car even when they were pointed at the ground.

#7 ·
I have the 6" PIAA's, with plenty of room to spare behind the lights.

#8 ·
drauden said:
I have the 6" PIAA's, with plenty of room to spare behind the lights.
Thanks! Which PIAAs do you have on yours? They look nice!

#9 ·
i think mine are the 520s and theres plenty there....

#10 ·
Titanguy112 said:
i think mine are the 520s and theres plenty there....

Thanks Titanguy. After I saw your post with your new wheels and saw how the bull bar with lights looked on your truck, I decided I wanted to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.