Nissan Titan Forum banner

JBA Header adjusting

3K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  nfon000 
#1 ·
For those that have them or know.. how many miles does it take for them to fully adjust? I know my truck was slower when i first drove with them but that was expected. I have only put about 150 miles... and noticed truck was pulling harder when i did a quick pull this morning.

thanks in advance!

#5 ·
Rossi said:
Yup it all depends on that AFR.

Maybe we can get some logs on your truck WOT to see what the AF is during closed loop.

Hopefully your in the 12's......and not the 11's...and really hope not lower!
Thanks guys... Yeah that would be great, let me know when you plan on going to the track next and i should be able to make it... hah i better since i live down the street lol. I am anxious to see what your truck will do with these headers plus the uprev tune. I was waiting for the post but since we go to the same track id rather see it in person hah.

I hope there not rich I imagine though if it were rich it would be slower like when it was first installed... however today i reached 300 miles and have noticed that the truck pulls much stronger from mid to high than before so I hope all is well.

#6 ·
Can someone please post up some pics of the jba header install? I'm interested but the jba site doesn't have any on-line install instructions. Are these bolt-on like most equal length headers? I'm used to wrenching on stangs so a short tube or long tube header swap wasn't too difficult.

#9 ·
markislive said:
Get your AFR checked after 300 miles....It may never make it to optimum AFR without tuning. Not to piss on ya parade, just the facts...
yeh i know... but imma have to wait until I order osiris, unless Rossi hooks me up before :) Just hopes its cool until, but it does feel pretty strong now... i did a test from a stop and was able to spin my big arse wheels a little and the top end felt better then before.

#11 ·
And it must be PRECISE welding too, along with PRECISE cutting. If you are off an 1/8" at the header, you will be NOT be able to get the exhaust in the rear hangers. If you do, you will be plagued by CONSTANT exhaust leaks. I have done 3 sets of JBA's and welded on some cats for Penguin's JBA's. Not an easy job.

#13 ·
I ran my stock cats for almost 45,000 miles without a problem. But with the amount of people that have had problems with the stock cats, I think that you are right and you may as well put in new ones.

If you do that, then you have to get the flanges that attach to the midpipe welded on straight.

#16 ·
I have the stock cats in also.... made sure they were in good condition though.... its only temporary until i get some high flow cats ... vacation is sucking my mods fund.

#18 ·
what shops are better equipped and have experience to install the Jba headers and free flow cats? I was thinking of Midas but I have doubts. I live in the Washington, DC area and purchased my JBA headers about six months ago and have not found a place to install them. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

#19 ·
You aren't jacking the thread. I think it is a fitting question. I think that there are probably some very capable mechanics that work for midas that could do this. The main thing that needs to be sought after is a very experienced welder and not one that is just used to cutting exhaust systems off and putting in a new one.

I would also look for someone that is used to doing work on import autos as well as performance work and most importantly, I hope they have small hands. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.