Rear Axle Seal Recall! - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #11 of 12 Old 07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
skohler
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"I told them the situation and they said they were going to swap out the whole rear with a new one. I said no thanks and took to another dealer about 50 miles further south (91 miles from my home) and they said they could swap em out no problem. So you have to find a dealership that is customer service oriented. Also what year model is yours?? They mostly replace the whole rearend on 04s and 05s. Because the 06s are when They started using the new improved finned diff cover and supposedly a more efficiently vented axle."

I would have let them replace the whole rear end with a new one if the warranty was covering it. Also, starting at some point in '05 the finned covers were used. Mine is 5/05 and has the finned cover.

05 Crew Cab LE 4X4
Off Road, Big Tow, Sunroof
Nav, Dvd, Airbag Pkg
2 degree, KC highlights,
BFG A/T KO, PRG level,
Jealous neighbors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
gary748r
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skohler
"I told them the situation and they said they were going to swap out the whole rear with a new one. I said no thanks and took to another dealer about 50 miles further south (91 miles from my home) and they said they could swap em out no problem. So you have to find a dealership that is customer service oriented. Also what year model is yours?? They mostly replace the whole rearend on 04s and 05s. Because the 06s are when They started using the new improved finned diff cover and supposedly a more efficiently vented axle."

I would have let them replace the whole rear end with a new one if the warranty was covering it. Also, starting at some point in '05 the finned covers were used. Mine is 5/05 and has the finned cover.
Mine is an '05 with 18,000 miles, well within the 5/60 power train warranty period. My build date is 12/04 and it has the finned cover. I guess it really is different for everyone and for 80-90% of the Titan owners that aren't interested in installing a Truetrac a new '08 rear end is a welcomed addition. But for the rest of the 04'-07' Titan owners that are within the powertrain warranty and want to install a Truetrac this is an issue.

PoDunk did your dealership refuse to fix your leaky seals unless you allowed them to install the new rear end? What's your mileage? Was this the first time you've been in for the axle seal problem?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode