A/C Blower cutting off problem solved? - Page 3 - Nissan Titan Forum

post #21 of 27 Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM
adidas99
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to adidas99
Hi guy..question..My T a/c would sometime not blow..the a/c light would be one and the fan would cranked half way (I have the 19 setting fan switch).. but sometimes it would just shut off or when i first cranked it would just come on at random..so after reading on here I fig it was the VBC so I ordered the part and now with the new VBC installed when i have the fan on a low setting you can hear the fan blowing faster and then slower like a outside breeze. I dont know if i got the wrong VBC or if it could be something elese...any help would be great..

Volant 2nd gen CAI w/Amsoil dry filter,Stillen LT headers,Magna flow Cats,Custom 2.5" exhaust with a 22'' Magana Flow 2-in-1-out muffler,Uprev Tuned, Cross drilled & slotted rotors,Grounding Kit,6k HIDs and 5k HIDs fogs,Swaped inside lights to L.E.Ds,LED Tail lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
SHAKEDOWN
Shift_Enthusiast

I am sorry but I don't know enough to suggest anything else.
But, it seems that once the blower starts to act up if you don't touch it
Or turn off the ignition then you should be able to get to the
dealer and have a tech test the vbc while it is still acting up.
That's how mine got diagnosed. Good luck.

Titan 5.6/It's the price we pay for the power we want / 2005 SE 4X4/ Red Alert/ Crew Cab/ Big Tow pkg/ SE Popular pkg/ Westin stainless nerf bars / Truxedo bed cover/ AccuPower-USA POD brake controler/ LineX Bedliner
post #23 of 27 Old 06-14-2013, 06:11 PM
jstarr1444
Shift_lurker

Fan Only Works on High

My problem is the fan only works on high. I found this thread (very informative) and thought I'd give this a try.

Went to Nissan dealer parts department and asked for part #27151-5Z000 for my 2004 Titan King. They told me the part had been replaced by #27151-ZT00A and sold me the part.

This is a 4 fin part and everything went great finding and removing the old part, but there's no way this new part will fit in the slot for my truck. The screw holes are also in different spots. The old part just looks like one long single fin (or blade).

Guess I'll head back to the dealer and see what they think. Anyone have any information/ideas that may help us/them?

I also bought replacement in-cabin air filters. That went great too, up to the point that I removed the filter cover. There were no old ones there. The new ones fit nicely though. Can anyone comment on what impact running the A/C without the filters for I don't know how many years might have on the system.

Thanks!!

post #24 of 27 Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
HRTKD
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarr1444 View Post
I also bought replacement in-cabin air filters. That went great too, up to the point that I removed the filter cover. There were no old ones there. The new ones fit nicely though. Can anyone comment on what impact running the A/C without the filters for I don't know how many years might have on the system.
The XE didn't come with filters. No big deal.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Volant PowerCore, 18" Magnaflow, AMSoil in everything»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Berk Technology B-Pipes»

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim
post #25 of 27 Old 06-14-2013, 10:52 PM
jstarr1444
Shift_lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
The XE didn't come with filters. No big deal.

That's a relief, but why would it not come with filters? Technically it's an "LE" but is there another design feature that compensates or serves the purpose? They always wanted to charge me to replace them but the truck is so low mileage, I never felt it was necessary.

I don't know much about truck maintenance. This is all new to me. Should I take them out?

ETA..checked the VIN online and it confirmed the replacement part does not fit in my Titan. I'll exchange the part for the originally recommended and requested 5Z000 tomorrow.
post #26 of 27 Old 06-15-2013, 10:08 AM
04offroadtitan
Shift_Fanatic

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think it was only crew cabs that came with the filters for some time. I don't know exactly what the reasoning was. But I know my 04 LE OffRoad king cab didn't have the filters in it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

New ride: 2010 Crew Cab Pro-4x; Volant Powercore intake; Magnaflow muffler swap
Coming Soon PRg leveling kit
Old Ride:2004 King Cab LE with Off-Road and Big Tow
PRG Leveling Kit, JBA Cat-Back Exhaust w/ SLP Loudmouth muffler,New Volant Powercore Intake,2 degree advance,Axle Vent Mod, Stillen Differential Cover w/M1 75w-140
Other rides: 2008 Armada SE; All stock and will probably stay that way since it is the wifes. We'll see.
2004 Dodge 1500; Wifes first truck so we kust kept it. All stock.
1972 Ford F100 Ranger XLT; 360 with cam, headers, edelbrock 600, Edelbrock Al. Intake, straight pipe dumped below cab. Its loud. (thinking about possioble VK56 swap in the future when done with school)
post #27 of 27 Old 06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
jstarr1444
Shift_lurker

Correct Part Fixed the Problem

Just wanted to update. I did exchange and get the correct part and this did fix my problem! Thanks, saved lots of $$ and learned a lot. Had great fun doing it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode