Nissan Titan Forum banner

Exhaust Manifold/Header question

14K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Wapitislayer 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this site, but have been a member of the other Titan forum site for a while. I haven't had the dreaded manifold crack yet but I'm interested in options for when I have the money to change out or am forced to. I'm happy with the T the way it is for now and would like to weigh cheaper options than LT headers Bpipes and a tune. I see on Cajuns website that he has an option of shorty's with HF cats. I believe this would provide a better performance option than the aftermarket manifold/cat that Walker, Dorman and the questionable Pacesetter make. I also believe this option is as good as the one Magnaflow is putting out.

My question is Has Cajun started making these yet, if so is anyone running them on their T's and what exhaust system are you running it with. I'd like to stay mostly stock because of cost, but in the future (with more funds) have the ability to upgrade the exhaust.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what part of the post you were answering though. If I'm going to have to do the manifold swap then I might as well replace the cats. with everything I've read on this site and titantalk about the manifold issue, even with long tubes bolting up to the stock exhaust I could still throw a code unless I get the uprev tuning done. I'm just trying to save my family some money. I've modded and tuned things all my life. while I like making more power, at this point it would be to expensive and with my titan I really don't need it yet. That's why I'm looking at the simplist solution while getting rid of an inherent problem with the titan.

#6 ·
Is your Titan flex fuel? This will make a big difference.
I appreciate the response and ideas. Nope my truck is not flex fuel. Expense is the issue, not necessarily money. I'm not going to put used parts back in the truck that (from all I've read) even on the flex fuel can crack. Headers seem to be the cheapest route to go and the best way to fix the manifold crack issue once and for all. but I'm not interested in replacing all the stock exhaust parts (at least not at once). I'm also trying to avoid having to buy a tuner when I'm not going to use it to its full potential.

This is what I'm thinking about doing. With all the experience on this site, mostly I'm just looking for a it'll work/won't work and why. I'm looking at doing Cajun Shortys with the highflo cats and an aftermarket muffler. I'm also looking at using Cajuns Reaper IAT chip to help if needed for a lean AFR. I would like to keep the O2 sensors roughly in the same areas. With this setup do you guys think I'll get and CEL's or have a lean condition issue?

Thanks

#7 ·
I like the idea behind Cajun's shorty solution, unfortunately I have no experience with it. When faced with the same decision I choose the JBA Long Tubes from Cajun, years later the cost of UpRev was well worth it.

#8 ·
Not sure where the info came from that flex fuel castings are thicker because they are not. My 05 flex fuel manifolds cracked at 90K miles just like most of these trucks will. The manifolds are exactly the same on all Titans and have the same problems even 07+ Titans.

The shortys I build use the 200cell magnaflow cats and are nice pieces but I do not recommend them. The best and cheapest fix is JBA longtubes, catted bpipes and Uprev tuning. There is way too much labor involved to use aftermarket type or oem manifolds. The design is the issue so longtubes is the best fix for the issue. I have 60k miles on headers and have never looked back. Also, Uprev tuning is needed even with the shorty I build so the cost of those is about the same as the entire stage one longtube package with Uprev tuning.

#10 ·
From what I have heard the DT headers crack in time also and are about $300-350 more that the JBA longtubes. JBA also offers 304 longtubes for around $699 if your set on 304ss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.