Nissan Titan Forum banner

Two wheel drive to four wheel drive conversion...?

10K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Rossi 
#1 ·
I got a 2wd crew cab xe and I really regret not getting 4wd. I have good tires weight in the back and a truetrac and I still can't go anywhere in the snow and I'm plain sick of it. I am wondering what all it would take to convert my 2wd into 4wd. I wonder if anyone has done it or has an idea of what it will take to accomplish this. I am thinking about finding a wrecked Titan and salvaging the parts and make it happen. Any ideas let me know I really wanna have a 4wd I'm sick of gettin stuck and going nowhere in the snow. I just love my truck and don't wanna get a 4wd so why not make mine into one!!!

Thanks,
Dave

#2 ·
A lot of work.. you have an 04 truck.. best bet, trade up for an 06-08 (or new if you can afford it).

But if you have an 04, owned it sense new, odds are it's paid off? If so, you can get a good 10-15k for it, fiance 5-10k..low payments, 4x4, and maybe a truck with more options!

#3 ·
I agree. If you have the money to do all it'll take to convert it, you might wanna look into trading up.
Having said all that crap...that you've probably heard all before...lol, there are a few different Titan sites, most of which you'll probably find threads about doing a conversion. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.