Nissan Titan Forum banner

Slip Light

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Drummer0314 
#1 ·
2006 Titans LE with 97,500 miles, the slip light come on during regular driving.
The road are dry and the temperature is in the high 85-95. Any ideal what will call the light to come on.

#2 ·
That's so ironic. Mine did the same thing a few days ago for the first time. 2005 LE 4x4, 52K miles. It was ~ 95 outside. The next time I turned the truck off and back on, it went out and hasn't come back on. I have no idea why it came on though.

#3 ·
the same here. and it happened yesterday. shut it off and back on and it went away. didn't give it another thought.

#6 ·
Check your brake fluid as well as your brake pad wear thickness. I had the same issue and did a search and turned out my brake fluid was low. Once I added brake fluid light turned off and no more issues

#7 ·
That is probably the most common reason for the light to come on. The fluid must be kept to the full line.
Other things that will cause the Slip light:
Rough road, a gravel road or other loose surfaces, wet roads, one wheel with more traction than the other.

#8 ·
Ok so i have been having this same problem but it only came on when making a left hand turn then it stays on. Well needless to say I had a trutrac put in and good brake pads and brand new parking brake and hardware kit. Dont know what it could be becuase it is still on all the time now along with the brake light.. Any ideas?

#9 ·
Wheel speed sensor problem? Since you have had the rear axle/brakes apart its possible thar you have a problem with a wheel sensor or its wiring. This could cause the problem.

#10 ·
I got them to go away today by filling the brake fluid up to max level, but now all i need to get rid of is the air bag light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.