Nissan Titan Forum banner

Need BT Ring and pinion

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  chrisfuji 
#1 ·
Ok.... Here's the deal I'm pretty much an idiot and broke a few teeth off of my ring gear and I need a new one.... I hear that no-one sells them and they are hard to come by.... Unfortunately there are no yards around here with any titans. SO...If you know anywhere I can pick one up for a big tow Please let me know. Or if there is any other way that I can get around buying a new rear axle assembly for 1,xxx from a stealership. Thanks everyone :)

#2 ·
How did you pull that trick off??

I have a brand spankin new rear diff with elocker if you're interested... no ring gear though.

#3 ·
Ring AND Pinion

Just a note. The ring an pinion are a matched set. So, even if someone were to offer you just the ring gear, it wouldn't do you much good as it would very likely quickly wear out.

They are factory matched.

Check with DANA corp. or one of their retailers. Perhaps they can get you a stock number or supply replacement gears.

Red

#4 ·
Blue_Water_Rush said:
How did you pull that trick off??

I have a brand spankin new rear diff with elocker if you're interested... no ring gear though.
Pulling a friend out of a mud pit in 4low.... Almost flipped the truck over backward when I hit the end of the strap.at that point my rear tires got ALOT of traction on a boulder under a few inches of earth and pop lol.

#6 ·
wow. Did you ever get those dents out of your tailgate from using the chain? :D

#7 ·
chrisfuji said:
Pulling a friend out of a mud pit in 4low.... Almost flipped the truck over backward when I hit the end of the strap.at that point my rear tires got ALOT of traction on a boulder under a few inches of earth and pop lol.
That is sick!!

#8 ·
PM sent....

#9 ·
etalian2005 said:
wow. Did you ever get those dents out of your tailgate from using the chain? :D
Lol not yet but I do have pics I'll post today when I get my camera back from my sister..... There is some video of me pulling the truck that one of my friends has. I'll see if I can get ahold of it:)

#10 ·
I'm guessing your no longer under warrenty then, my ring and pinion got f'd up and nissan covered it, no questions asked. Good luck and hope all goes well

#11 ·
zimjig said:
I'm guessing your no longer under warrenty then, my ring and pinion got f'd up and nissan covered it, no questions asked. Good luck and hope all goes well
Unfortuately not... So does anyone know if there is a place where I could just get a set of 3.36 gears, (the ring and pinion) Anyone happen to have an exta set laying about? :)

#12 ·
your drive train is covered till 60.000 miles

#13 ·
Yep but I'm at 65,000 though lol. But good news it is just the rear diff. No need for the ring and pinion now!

#15 ·
04titanss said:
So your saying you did not break the R&P, just the spiders in the chunk? If so it looks like TRUETRAC TIME! to me.
Yep! The actual spider gears are still intact but the pin that holds them there is sheared off.

#17 ·
Guess I am just talented :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.