Nissan Titan Forum banner

WTB Rear End and/or Ring and Pinion for '05

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeff0825 
#1 ·
I snapped my locker and got it replaced with a TruTrac but I shifted the gears and now they hum and I was told that the ring and pinion is all messed up and the only way to fix it is to get a whole new one. As everyone knows you can't just order that part so I might need a whole new rear end.

#2 ·
I think that it might be worth your while to get a good mechanic to adjust the gear lash and clearance of the ring and pinion. If they were originally a matched pair, and that is normally the case, then any hum you are hearing now is a result in improper spacing and install. If not too badly worn, they should be able to be adjusted into the proper contact pattern.

If a qualified mechanic has looked at the gears and determined they are now too damaged to reuse, then, I guess you'll need a whole new rear end. Sorry.

#3 ·
My 06 titan will probably be ending up in a junkyard soon. Not sure what the plan is for it but the drivetrain is perfect. I'm gonna see if I can buy it back from the ins. co. after they write it off. If not, I'll see if I can find out where it's gonna end up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.