Nissan Titan Forum banner

tire size

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Kronos1965 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 titan SV with a 2' leveling kit. I am looking for some new tires and wheels. What is the biggest tire size I can get without rubbing? Anybody know of a place that I can get a wheel and tire package deal?

#2 ·
I am assuming you are towing a heavy fiberglass ski boat (Ski Nautique) with your T? If you go with a larger circumference than stock, you are throwing off the effective final drive ratio and could effect trans and engine cooling. You could also negatively effect on-road handling, braking (without going to bigger brakes), performance and fuel economy for the sake of looks. By the way, where are you located?

#4 ·
What wheel size are you thinking?

For overall diameter 33"s are/were stock, 34"s should not rub, 35"s rub a little or a lot with less then ~5" of lift. That's if you keep the overall width 12.5" or less, and the wheel back spacing equal to stock.

#5 ·
Nautique, I asked because I have a friend in the Jacksonville, FL area with a Ski Nautique. When I saw "nautique" I figured you had a ski boat. I tow a car in the summer on a steel trailer, about 5500 lb with tools, etc. and the T tows so well you forget the trailer some times! Good luck with your new wheels and tires and enjoy that T!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.